wcbrown

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,075 posts

How long before this threa

ha ha ha!!! EXCELL

Sonorlite

Sonorlite

Forgive him for he knows not what he does.

• Members
  • 5,119 posts
  • LocationHard to Say

This thread is about vaughncraft right? At least that's what I read in title.

thanks and youre right tom. lets work on getting this one back to topic please.

mike

To be fair Tom/Mike, the OP introduced other builders names into his thread  -  at that point its open for extra's...

Others mentioned:

#8                                          

Ron_M

Ron_M

Advanced Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationBurlington, VT

I'd like to say I appreciate the "Heads-Up" with Vaughncraft lies. I wasn't aware of Mason or Ron D. and appreciate the extra warning. Vaughncraft snares don't have the snap and appeal in terms of "Look" to me so they were never in the running. I have friends that do like that look, so Thanks guys.

I had been considering Spaun Drums. I'm now re-thinking that and looking at Sonor.

I just don't care for the look of all that darn hardware for Sonor's rims mounts. You can't hardly see the finish under all that metal.

Spaun has been around a long time, has a good rep, and several big online retailers have existing inventory, if that's any consolation. You can't go wrong with Sonor, though.

Edited by Ron_M, 06 December 2014 - 09:05 AM.

Guest_wayne_*

Guest_wayne_*
  • Guests

As an ex custom shell builder myself, I know how difficult it is to compete for a shrinking slice of  pie. If VC is having problems it could likely be a matter of having a meeting with their bank manager to discuss any problems they have. It appears most custom operations are run by drummers and not drummers with business savy. I have so much respect for small business that it hurts when I hear about decent, honest people failing. On the other hand I loathe shady, greasy, classless operators that continue to hurt unsuspecting artists. I only hope that it all balances out some day...I hope VC can turn this negativity around. It seems they do build,or are capable of building fine drums, and I hope that any new builders out there learn by threads like this, and start paying attention to the business side of this very fragile industry.

ARGuy

ARGuy

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 3,595 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Wasn't this thread about Vaughncraft?

How does every single thread about a deal gone bad get twisted into a thread about Mason and everybody except who the thread is about?

To paraphrase Spinal Tap, there's a fine line between diligence and obsession.

Sonorlite

Sonorlite

• Members
  • 5,119 posts
  • LocationHard to Say

And you're as diligently obsessed on highlighting it where you can Mr. AR  -  you say Touche at this point.   :happy8:

drummerbill

drummerbill

DFO Potentate

• Gold
  • 4,933 posts
  • LocationNY-NJ Tri-state Area

As an ex custom shell builder myself, I know how difficult it is to compete for a shrinking slice of  pie. If VC is having problems it could likely be a matter of having a meeting with their bank manager to discuss any problems they have. It appears most custom operations are run by drummers and not drummers with business savy. I have so much respect for small business that it hurts when I hear about decent, honest people failing. On the other hand I loathe shady, greasy, classless operators that continue to hurt unsuspecting artists. I only hope that it all balances out some day...I hope VC can turn this negativity around. It seems they do build,or are capable of building fine drums, and I hope that any new builders out there learn by threads like this, and start paying attention to the business side of this very fragile industry.

Apparently myself and others I am in contact with have rec'd wrong pcs {incorrect wood} or cracked shells with fissures running the length of the shells, or larger double joined shells with voids and holes filled with wood putty.
I commisioned 12 x10, 14 x 12, 20 x 14 and 14 x 5 black cherry shells. {I previously had a 10 x 9 that I was trying to build up into a kit.} As of this date I rec'd a 12 x 8 that was wrong depth and a mystery 14 x5 that is definately not black cherry.
Kevin S rec'd damaged shells and was then sent a token shell that was not what he ordered.
I would not have sent my balance if John Rose had not told me "my shells where finished and going out" over 6 months ago. I don't think this is bad business, it is lying or theft by deception.
Be warned. 

Edited by drummerbill, 06 December 2014 - 10:09 AM.

Guest_wayne_*

Guest_wayne_*
  • Guests

Wow...That sounds like a blatant case of ignorance and deceipt. Perhaps the law is the only course of action because if and when they lose the case, you can ask the court they pay your court and legal costs...Hopefully it wont go that far.

TDM

TDM

Yapping Internet Mutt

• Members
  • 5,445 posts

I have so much respect for small business that it hurts when I hear about decent, honest people failing.  On the other hand I loathe shady, greasy, classless operators that continue to hurt unsuspecting artists.

That's the crux of it, right there.  I've got plenty of patience and empathy for when things go accidentally wrong, even if this happens more than once.  But, at a certain point with certain business types, there is no longer doubt that the problems are accidental.  Indeed, those business types know exactly what they are doing and the problems are due to the continued shabby way they run their business.  That type I have no sympathy for at all.

Sonorlite

Sonorlite

• Members
  • 5,119 posts
  • LocationHard to Say

I have so much respect for small business that it hurts when I hear about decent, honest people failing.  On the other hand I loathe shady, greasy, classless operators that continue to hurt unsuspecting artists.

That's the crux of it, right there.  I've got plenty of patience and empathy for when things go accidentally wrong, even if this happens more than once.  But, at a certain point with certain business types, there is no longer doubt that the problems are accidental.  Indeed, those business types know exactly what they are doing and the problems are due to the continued shabby way they run their business.  That type I have no sympathy for at all.

And Mason, well, he was publicly happy to admit he'd sent more out, knowing, they have issue..   *sigh*

Attached Files

JBernie

JBernie

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationNW Ohio

Guys I just wanted to say that filing a complaint with the BBB or consulting the BBB on a company before doing business and finding a good rating is next to useless; the BBB is itself essentially a scam.

He is right..... The BBB is a scam in itself. They have no legal authority and they cannot make anyone/company do anything. Not only that, but a business has to pay the membership fee in order to receive an "A" rating. It really should be illegal.

Edited by JBernie, 07 December 2014 - 08:32 PM.

drummerbill

drummerbill

DFO Potentate

• Gold
  • 4,933 posts

Just received an e-mail for clearance shells from Vaughcraft / John Rose. 

Yeah, ok ?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Kevin_S

Kevin_S

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • LocationBowie, Maryland

Me too and one of the two returned shells - that I paid $269 for - is listed at $90...

lossforgain

lossforgain

Team DFO

• Moderators
  • 12,266 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA

Just received an e-mail for clearance shells from Vaughcraft / John Rose. 

Yeah, ok ?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Now THAT is funny.

drummerbill

drummerbill

DFO Potentate

• Gold
  • 4,933 posts

Me too and one of the two returned shells - that I paid $269 for - is listed at $90...

Apparently there is another guy that payed 3k a couple years ago and hasn't received a thing on one of the many threads.

I messaged him to also contact the Kansas Attorney General and file.

Still awaiting advice from a lawyer friend that is doing some research.

Kevin_S

Kevin_S

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 583 posts

the one circled...

Attached Files

Kevin_S

Kevin_S

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 583 posts

Apparently there is another guy that payed 3k a couple years ago and hasn't received a thing on one of the many threads.

I messaged him to also contact the Kansas Attorney General and file.

Still awaiting advice from a lawyer friend that is doing some research.

So that makes five victims of this thief?

Bijan

Bijan

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,007 posts
  • LocationHouston TX
Wow- what a shame. VC used to be great. It's a shame they've gone to the crapper like this. I hope the victims get resolution, and soon!

drummerbill

drummerbill

DFO Potentate

• Gold
  • 4,933 posts

This thread is going to get locked down and disappear like the other one per Ben.

Best of luck, can't say I did not warn you about VC.

W&A Player

W&A Player

Drummer Excelsior

• Members
  • 7,829 posts
  • LocationTexas

"Seam?  What Seam"?

Attached Files

• Attached File  Igor.jpg   12.55KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users