kaide

kaide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Hi guys!

I recorded this GoPro sound demo using different covers for the camera. Without the cover it compresses every snare hit and with the waterproof cover it sounds better because the compressor isn't working all the time (at least in my opinion). Take a listen with headphones if you agree with me or not.

I'm playing Brick House groove added with a lot fills....

DanRH

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger

• Double Platinum
  • 20,407 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Nice. I prefer the first sonically. Nice playing!

xsabers

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer

• Members
  • 9,719 posts

Agreed, even with the compression kicking in rather abruptly on snare hits.   I take it the unit doesn't have gain control?  Or at least a way to disable the auto gain feature?   

kaide

kaide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Agreed, even with the compression kicking in rather abruptly on snare hits.   I take it the unit doesn't have gain control?  Or at least a way to disable the auto gain feature?   

Thanks! There is no gain controls so without the cover everything is really compressed and it changes the way snare sounds. With the cover on the compressor isn't working all the time and it sounds better for me even maybe a little bit too bright. The sound is mono so you better use another recorded if you want some audio quality. 

Boatamb

Boatamb

• Members
  • 1 posts

lol, I  found that I downloaded this video from youtube, so I found its host's thread? unique experience,lol

I remembered that I searched a lot gopro-hero-4-drums-test-youtube at http://searchformusi...ms-test-youtube and compress my go pro video at http://www.videoconv...opro-video.html, just funny

kaide

kaide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

By the way I feel that you get the best sound of GoPro 4 with cover that has open holes for microphones. And I originally bought a cheap chinese mic adapter for GoPro and it worked for a little while but sometimes you got some noises...I finally bought the original GoPro Mic adapter cable and that's the only one working 100 %. With this setup I can record pretty nice videos from my inear mixer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users