• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Rich K.

Rich K.

Drummer Excelsior

• Platinum
  • 9,977 posts
  • LocationSavannah, GA

Nice set...google drummers with the initials JXR and give them a call!

TDM

TDM

Yapping Internet Mutt

• Members
  • 5,445 posts

OP,

That's a good ad, but I doubt you'll move those drums that way.  An almost $4,000 USD price on Craigslist?  That's not what people go to Craigslist for.  People go to Craigslist to find inexpensive deals.  If I were in the market to spend $4K on a drum kit, there is no way I'd take the risk of a Craigslist deal.  Plus, for that kind of money, I'd want the drums to be my own custom choices!  If that's how you're going to sell the kit, I think you'll need to drop the price below $2K USD.  Possibly well below $2K USD.

There's something else you left out in the OP.  The snare has abnormally large sound vents.  Yes, I realize various companies have experimented with that idea, but it's a huge turnoff for most drummers.  To me, that makes your kit a set without a snare drum.  Plus, all the drums have offset lugs, yet something else drummers generally don't like.

I still think you'll do better in a private sale rather than advertising as you are on Craigslist.

StonsonWiggles

StonsonWiggles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Changed the price if anyone is interested. Selling the snare for $750 on it's own. http://tucson.craigs...5403092434.html

TDM

TDM

Yapping Internet Mutt

• Members
  • 5,445 posts

Checked out the new ad.  That's a much better approach.  You may get $2K for the kit without the snare.  Good idea selling the snare separately to maximize value.  Personally, I wouldn't want that snare drum, but others may not feel as strongly about the large sound vents.

StonsonWiggles

StonsonWiggles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Awesome! Thanks for the help!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pricing, sale, Custom, OCDP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users