• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Tilter

Tilter

Forum Guru

• Gold
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

I'd like to extend a sincere "Thank You!" to the pro players for taking time out of their schedules to be here. I hope that recent events haven't diminished your desire or willingness to remain a part of this great community.

It's an honor to have you here.

speady1

speady1

Advanced Snr. Member

• Gold
  • 548 posts
  • LocationGeorgetown, KY

I'll throw my hat in as a "Pro" since I make a living doing this.

My name is Jamie Eads.

I'm based out of Georgetown, KY

I've been playing since 1989, professionally since 1996.

Please check out www.jamieeads.com for all the details.

I'm blessed to be associated with Bowie Custom Drum, Dream Cymbals, Los Cabos Drumsticks, Vratim shoes and clothing, and TnR Products' "Booty Shakers" and "Little Booty Shakers" as an endorser.

I am always glad to help any forum member with any questions or helpful advice.  I often find myself asking questions or seeking advice here as well.

tradrad

tradrad

Pro

• Platinum
  • 316 posts
  • LocationIN it, not OF it

hmmmm...ok, this has been a 'lurking thread' for me since jeremy started it, and today i'm feeling both convicted and somewhat secure :)

j knows me from way back and forever...i come and go here because my career often eats up so much time that i sometimes need to choose family over internet presence...i'm home a lot more now so...

name: dean sharp

i live and breathe in upstate ny, about 2 hour north of NYC.

artists: kinda a gazzillion...i've been doing this on a fairly 'high' (a relative term, i know) level since the 80's...off the top of my head, those you might have heard of...joe henderson, sonny rollins, daryll hall (solo), billy ocean, duran duran, janet jackson, brenda russell, ani defranco, mellissa ferrick, marc ribot, jane siberry, MOBY, red hot chili peppers, donna lewis, greg brown, david torn/spattercell (many might not know him, but he IS the father of looping guitar stuff...a genius...and i don't bandy that word around)...these are some of the touring/live gigs i've held...some years, some weeks, depending on the situations and needs...

my recording CV is pretty extensive and very varied...lots of oddball singer songwriters cause i'm sort of a 'sound merchant'. lots of creative musics, some might call it jazz, but i wouldn't...

as seen above, the stylistic thing is all over the map...mainly, and moreso presently, i'm a 'creative' or 'jazz' (i HATE that moniker :) ) guy...my career started off as a jazzer (joe, sonny...i did a solo record produced by michael carvin back in the day) but got a lot of pop opportunities so i went 'money' for a while...i've seen the ere of my ways though LOL...

i am presently, and have been actively for the past 10 years, a composer for dance and film. i reside as the staff composer/soundscapist in the dance dept at bard college in upstate ny...in association with NY live arts and the

bill t jones/arnie zane dance company.

academia allows the luxury of playing what/wjhen i want and with whom...not worrying about the money in playing is a really freeing feeling. mind you, 'free' is a rarity for me :P, but this lifestyle allows me to explore new relationships/projects that might not have financial backing.

it also allows access to grant projects...an recent amazing one being with mimi goese (hugo largo) and ben neill (mutante trumpet inventer)...hyper creative!!

gear/endorsements include agop cymbals, promark, englehart percussion, keplinger percussion, remo (although i LOVE me some aquarian vintage!)...fidock drums are great...we had a thing, as i did for a time with ayotte and tama before them, but i mostly use vintage drums and have a slew of em...had a very nice relationship with joe montineri when he was actively making drums...still have 3 sets that get a lot of play.

so, that's probably too much information, but i like being thorough (although there are a lot of 'holes' in this story)...my site is not uptodate, but may give more of a timeline:

diggadiggamuse.com

my work is also up for listen...especially when 'in progress'...at soundcloud.com/diggamag

i love chatting gear, and have played a LOT of it over numerous years, so always feel free to hit me up.

thanks and be blessed!

Edited by tradrad, 23 November 2016 - 12:53 AM.

lossforgain

lossforgain

Team DFO

• Moderators
  • 12,256 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA

hmmmm...ok, this has been a 'lurking thread' for me since jeremy started it, and today i'm feeling both convicted and somewhat secure :)

j knows me from way back and forever...i come and go here because my career often eats up so much time that i sometimes need to choose family over internet presence...i'm home a lot more now so...

AND let me just say that Dean is one of the truly great guys I've been blessed to know. The guy met me at a diner in the snow one day to make a trade, and our friendship began. 

phatsolid

phatsolid

Advanced Member

• Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Agreed. BTW, if you don't know already...Mario Calire is a bad ass. 

He must be! Ozomatli is just incredible... one of my favorite bands for years. I wish they would come to New England!

gwbasley

gwbasley

Drum Czar

• Platinum
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationHoliday, Florida

No word from Dave Crigger?...Dave is certainly  a pro!   Don Ellis, Bachrach...pro.

soadfan97

soadfan97

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Locationusa

Hey I'm new here my name is Mike. I've been playing drums "professionally" for 7 years and my style is rock music. My home base for playing and recording is in Massachusetts. My current project is my band called The Gray Spades. We are on band camp, youtube, soundcloud, and twitter under the username The Gray Spades. We just released a low fi EP on band camp and Soundcloud. Looking to do more serious recordings once I get all the microphones. Thanks for welcoming me here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users