- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

cochlea

cochlea

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 632 posts
Can anyone provide me with a resource as to where I might find one of these? If you're not familiar with the product, it's a long bass drum with a 12" head. I'm putting together an electronic drum rig and would like to convert one of these to make a rather unique looking bass trigger pad. I've contacted several Yamaha dealers in the U.S. but they've told me it's no longer available. It's still advertised on some of the European web sites for Yamaha so I'm hoping it's still in production. I've emailed Yamaha several times but never heard back. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get a hold of one? Thanks!!!

LizH

LizH

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 4,151 posts
  • Locationusa
you could always get a full length keller shell and build one yourself....

simpletim

simpletim

• Members
  • 2 posts
They are shown in the new Yamaha drum catalog I just received.
I posted a photo of one I modified for my kit.
http://www.drumforum...=45280&start=15

franke

franke

Percussionist Maximus

• Members
  • 5,371 posts
I had someone contact me about one of these a few weeks back. They are no longer made by Yamaha (though they do appear in the catalog) but could be ordered on a special order basis with a five + month wait. The idea of this drum is that it makes a "boo-oohm" sound, and yes, one could just buy an uncut Keller shell and take a whack at building their own.

The guy who contacted me actually wanted to use it as a kick trigger platform, which could be done with any kind of drum or trigger pad, but I think he was perhaps considering combining the triggered sound with that of the Daxdad. Regardless, the Daxdad was certainly an interesting idea.

K.O.

K.O.

DFO Drum Lord

• Gold
  • 14,454 posts
  • LocationIllinois
The old Ludwig Congas were about that size 12" dia. x at least 22" (except they have a taper to them)...I wonder what one of those would sound like tuned way low and laying on its side :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users