• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Olderschool

Olderschool

Advanced Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationUsa

That diagram is correct. BTW...do yourself a favor and learn the Bass clef. I started playing this year in an orchestra and it opened my eyes to the world of "real" musicians. Tab is great and all but if you want to work and/or play with sheet music, tab isn't going to cut it.

Edited by Olderschool, 01 August 2016 - 07:47 AM.

Pickinator

Pickinator

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,303 posts
  • LocationEagle River WI

I agree with the lap diagram.  It will make sense with a little practice.  Low tone at the bottom

rhythmace

rhythmace

Rhythmace

• Gold
  • 10,690 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Texas

Up a 4th is the same as down a 5th. Up a 5th is the same as down a 4th. That helps. Ace

rhythmace

rhythmace

Rhythmace

• Gold
  • 10,690 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Texas

I am thinking about purchasing Jeff Berlin's bass instruction online. Any thoughts? Ace

Swingerbeats

Swingerbeats

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationUS

Been a guitar player for 6 years and picked up bass back in December. Its a cheaper Ibanez five string. If anyone needs fretboard advice I'm here.

Treviso1

Treviso1

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 4,240 posts
  • LocationMichigan

I play bass too.  I have a USA Fender Precision Elite with the PJ set up with active/passive electronics, a USA Fender Jazz Fretless,  a Hofner Ignition Beatle Bass.  All three basses are Tobacco Sunburst lacquer.  

Eyedrum

Eyedrum

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 706 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

I play bass too.  I have a USA Fender Precision Elite with the PJ set up with active/passive electronics, a USA Fender Jazz Fretless,  a Hofner Ignition Beatle Bass.  All three basses are Tobacco Sunburst lacquer.  

Me too, Rob!!  USA Fender P Bass standard with a maple neck, solid black lacquer and a white pick guard - 2012 model.  I hitch it to an Ampeg BA115.  In hind sight, I wish I would have ordered the burst finish.  I'm teaching my self but have played rhythm guitar for many years - it's a blast.  I hope to get proficient enough to be a "double threat" for the the church band.  Always, a shortage of bass players.  Drummers... not so much.

Treviso1

Treviso1

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 4,240 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Me too, Rob!!  USA Fender P Bass standard with a maple neck, solid black lacquer and a white pick guard - 2012 model.  I hitch it to an Ampeg BA115.  In hind sight, I wish I would have ordered the burst finish.  I'm teaching my self but have played rhythm guitar for many years - it's a blast.  I hope to get proficient enough to be a "double threat" for the the church band.  Always, a shortage of bass players.  Drummers... not so much.

That's too funny!  I also have an Ampeg BA series, but with the two 10" speakers.  The Hofner Ignition Beatle Bass is a blast to play.  

lossforgain

lossforgain

Team DFO

• Moderators
  • 12,586 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA

HA guys, I have the Precision Deluxe with the P/J as well. Although I also have a Mexi P bass special with EMG P/J setup that seems to be getting the playtime. Thinking about letting go of the USA!  :unsure:

EvEnStEvEn

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~

• Members
  • 16,239 posts
  • LocationOklur Homer

Attached File  bassplayers.jpg   92.7KB   0 downloads

Soulfinger

Soulfinger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationVienna, Austria

Hehe - Fender Precision and Höfner Ignition Club bass here. :icon_smile:

Played quite a lot for a couple of years and even cut an album but since coming back to the drums two years ago I hardly touch my basses anymore.

Where´s bongomania BTW? He used to be on Talkbass. :hello2:

Iristone

Iristone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Hi,
I'm learning/trying to play bass also... I have a Squier Vintage Modified 5-string Jazz Bass with D'Addario Chromes. My teacher recommended me to buy a 5-string, but I've yet to find a use for the lowest one.
Iristone

Treviso1

Treviso1

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 4,240 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Drummers make excellent bass players, period...end of story!  :-)

drummer5359

drummer5359

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,108 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Drums are and always have been my primary instrument, but I'm also a bassist. Here are my two most recent bass purchases, a 2006 Fender American Jazz and a 2010 Lakland USA Joe Osborn. 

38473785_10156638295873185_2378837309849

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users