• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Elvis

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll

• Members
  • 9,016 posts
  • LocationPoulsbo, Wa.

So after getting my Effects pedal I've spent more time playing guitar and I'm finding that my Peavey Classic VTX is pretty loud. Being a tube amp I'm not able to play it loud enough to get a good tone out of it. Would a Solid State, Lower wattage amp work better?

Theres a nice little 15W tube amp on the market that's marketed under the "Monoprice" moniker.

Inexpensive with a nice sound (EL84's!), it features the ability to be switched from the full 15W to 1W for quieter practice.

Check it out...

...and the full 15 watts heard here, I believe...

Elvis

Edited by Elvis, 10 July 2017 - 03:56 AM.

kplante

kplante

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 645 posts
  • LocationCumberland, RI

That Monoprice  is pretty cool! It's funny, I've watched so many videos of amps. All different kinds. One thing I've realized is I just don't like the sound of Fender Amp for the most part. I can see why someone would like it but it's not for me lol. I went on a journey to no where on getting the Peavey working properly. I did fid a Valve Jr to add to the collection. It works great with the Digitech RP-500 for low volumes. Like I really need another obsession to spend money on lol :headbang:

tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 707 posts
  • LocationSoCal

If you wanna get really small, I heartily recommend the Blackstar Fly3. I can't get over how great a $50 battery powered amp can sound. It's got 2 channels & a really nice delay built in. Love this li'l thing!

Or if you wanna get *really* small...

https://reverb.com/i...toids-blackface

e6qr3emnoj6uygefy85w.jpg

Elvis

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll

• Members
  • 9,016 posts
  • LocationPoulsbo, Wa.

That Monoprice  is pretty cool! It's funny, I've watched so many videos of amps. All different kinds. One thing I've realized is I just don't like the sound of Fender Amp for the most part. I can see why someone would like it but it's not for me lol. I went on a journey to no where on getting the Peavey working properly. I did fid a Valve Jr to add to the collection. It works great with the Digitech RP-500 for low volumes. Like I really need another obsession to spend money on lol :headbang:

Good thing the Monoprice isn't a Fender amp! (  :laughing5: )

Glad you found something that works for you.

Elvis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users