• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

janeybug

janeybug

janeybug

• Members
  • 1,462 posts
  • Locationst louis
I noticed that KAT is now being distributed by DW and their top of the line kit now has samples from all of DW kits and Gretsch USA Custom and Brooklyn kits

Wonder if this will improve their quality etc.

swarfrat

swarfrat

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 3,456 posts

My guess is that DW is trying to beef up their penetration into the lower price points rather than do an episode of "Fixer Upper - Musical Instrument Manufacturer Edition"

janeybug

janeybug

janeybug

• Members
  • 1,462 posts
  • Locationst louis
I wonder how the kit actually sounds

I assume for the people who know it's still Roland and Yamaha?

Dan Radin

Dan Radin

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • LocationStamford, CT

Kat was one of the brands acquired by DW from Kaman, including Gretsch, Gibraltar, LP, Toca, and Ovation guitars last year. I believe that Kaman / now DW licenses the Kat brand from Kat/Alternate Mode, which still operates under those names with the high-end gear like MalletKat, DrumKat, TrapKat. I would not be surprised if Alesis was involved in these products, but do not have any insider knowledge.

janeybug

janeybug

janeybug

• Members
  • 1,462 posts
  • Locationst louis

i was looking at the kt4...........seems solid and refined...was wondering if the DW involvement would have any effect on quality.....since KAT edrums were not considered high previously...

BillyGoodness

BillyGoodness

Pro

• Platinum
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

I have a KT4 and I like it. I use it in my practice space as well as for triggering EZdrummer 2 in my Macbook Pro and tracking into Reaper.

I also like the onboard sounds in the KT4M module as well.

Billy G.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users