• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

red66charger

red66charger

Advanced Forum Guru

• Platinum
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

I agree, this thread is an awesome read.  As someone who used to fantasize about playing in a professional musical (my "drummer awakening" came from listening to my parents' Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack in the early 70s) this is interesting stuff!

Additionally, having played in marching, symphonic and stage bands all through high school it's pretty cool to think that some of you do these types of ensemble performances professionally.

Edited by red66charger, 21 December 2016 - 02:02 PM.

MillerMav

MillerMav

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMichigan

I agree, this thread is an awesome read.  As someone who used to fantasize about playing in a professional musical (my "drummer awakening" came from listening to my parents' Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack in the early 70s) this is interesting stuff!

Additionally, having played in marching, symphonic and stage bands all through high school it's pretty cool to think that some of you do these types of ensemble performances professionally.

I think a lot of drummers at some point have thought about doing musical/theater work but just never knew how to get in to it.  I am sure if you study music at a university level it is something you can pursue but for the rest of us it's quite a mystery! 

CSR

CSR

Member since May 2000

• Platinum
  • 5,847 posts
  • Location- Snow Belt, New York State, USA, Earth
I'd suggest starting locally. E-mail your interest to the local high school music departments, community theatre groups and the like. Once you get some experience and networking, you'll find inroads to expanding to college and professional shows. Ya gotta start small. You'll probably not get "Lion King" on Broadway your first show!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users