Photo

1956 WFL OBP pay tribute to Sir Paul this Friday night at Pappy & Harriets near Palm Springs CA

WFLCountry music Oyster Black Pearl Ringo Beatles Ludwig Paul McCartney

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

markrocks68

markrocks68

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • LocationSun Diego CA

If anyone is out near Palm Springs/Joshua Tree this Friday night Jan 6th I'll be playing at Pappy & Harriet's Pioneertown Palace with my old school Honky Tonk Country band Three Chord Justice.

Some of you may have heard about the surprise show Sir Paul did back in Oct of 2016.

See the video link here:

https://www.youtube....h?v=zoxSkP9DwIw

In honor of my band playing there for the first time since Sir Paul graced the stage, I am playing the earliest known OBP kit in existence (and if anyone has one before April 1956 please let me know).

This kit is a WFL Buddy Rich model Super Classic in original OBP 22/13/16/5.5x14.

I'm no Ringo but as a HUGE fan of both Paul & Ringo, playing this kit there will make up for the fact I missed this show.

And it's my humble tribute to my musical influences.  

We are NOT playing Beatles songs however!

We play old school country country music (Hank, Buck Owens, Cash, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, etc) and original music influenced by the great country artists of yesteryear. We DO NOT PLAY the garbage that Nashville churns out now (Bro country, pop country, etc etc) so there are NO pitch adjusters or background tracks going. Just a kick ass rockin country band with some of the best players in SoCal led by one of THEE best voices you will ever hear.

NO COVER but reservations highly recommended!

Great food & this place has been written up on all the TV food shows as well.

Here's a link:

http://www.pappyandh...ce-pioneertown/

http://www.threechordjustice.com

If you can make stop by & talk shop with the drummer!

Happy 2017 to all!!

Mark

Attached Files

Way Out Wardell

Way Out Wardell

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationChicago

Congrats, man!  That's the perfect place to play those!

P&H has gotta be one of the coolest venues around.  Part of me wants to retire there and spend my days hanging out in the Pioneertown Bowl!

markrocks68

markrocks68

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • LocationSun Diego CA

Congrats, man!  That's the perfect place to play those!

P&H has gotta be one of the coolest venues around.  Part of me wants to retire there and spend my days hanging out in the Pioneertown Bowl!

Dude that bowling alley is a time machine!!

Have you ever been inside?

When we first started playing there years ago it was still opened.

It's like going back to 1946. So cool. 

markrocks68

markrocks68

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • LocationSun Diego CA

pics from the gig.

Twas a great night of awesome music & people.

Attached Files

drumphils

drumphils

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationSouthern CA.
Oh, missed it. I live out here and would have come up. Nice set. I just sold a Damen Ave Aqua set to a friend with the understanding I can buy it back if I so desire!

Next time.....

Phil

markrocks68

markrocks68

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • LocationSun Diego CA

Oh, missed it. I live out here and would have come up. Nice set. I just sold a Damen Ave Aqua set to a friend with the understanding I can buy it back if I so desire!

Next time.....

Phil

I'll post the next gig heads up soon. I'll definitely be on a great vintage kit.

Hell I would of bought that kit from you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WFLCountry music, Oyster Black Pearl, Ringo, Beatles, Ludwig, Paul McCartney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users