Photo

Anyone Looking For A Nice Deal On Some K Zildjian 20", & 22" Rides....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

bonzoleum

bonzoleum

BONZOLEUM

• Platinum
  • 4,278 posts
  • LocationChicago IL.

SteveWeissMusic is selling 4 pairs of 22" and 3 pairs of 20" K Zildjian Z-Mac for $325 each. That's of course like $163 each cymbal. It says they're demo models, but the rage these days for dealers to get around manufacturers price agreements seems to be calling them "used/demo".

https://www.stevewei...ildjian k z-mac

kevinyarger

kevinyarger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationNormal, IL ---> Nashville, TN

I had a 20" K Z-Mac that just didn't work for me. Those are however a great price, just don't know if I would want to try another.  

LeedyGuy

LeedyGuy

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerzey
What's zmac

xipa4

xipa4

The Snow Queen/Forum Guru

• Members
  • 2,164 posts
  • LocationArrendale

What's zmac

ZMac=Zildjian Multi Application Cymbal.

These are cymbals that mainly used for concert,marching,and jazz band applications,but they're also can used for drumset applications (such as a pair of hihats,or the cymbals can also used individually as a crash or a ride).

Edited by xipa4, 11 January 2017 - 08:38 PM.

blueshadow

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along

• Members
  • 11,469 posts
  • LocationSouth of Austin, Texas

Those K's might be really great as crash/rides,  from the ink and lathing I'd guess they are pre-1997 when Zildjian changing the lathing and also the ink on their K's....that is unless they do something different for "MAC's"  but I don't think so.   Probably the two cymbals in the pairs will vary since all Zildjians do,  might be worth a gamble to buy a pair and sell the one you don't like or get two rides for the price of one.   I don't have disposable money at the moment or I'd be on them.

bonzoleum

bonzoleum

BONZOLEUM

• Platinum
  • 4,278 posts
  • LocationChicago IL.

I shunned Zmacs for a long time as all the 18s I ever found were too heavy, but I found a pair of A Zildjian 20" Zmacs that were SO FINE as rides. They had a really flat profile and relatively smaller cups.  

EvEnStEvEn

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~

• Members
  • 14,717 posts
  • LocationRed River

I own a 20" K z-mac that's one of the mellowest, most perfect & versatile rides I've ever laid a stick to.

Also have a 22" A. z-mac with 6 factory rivets that's wonderful too.

Great cymbals if you find one that works for your particular needs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users