• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

DWSlingerland45

DWSlingerland45

Advanced Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,886 posts
  • LocationMount Holly New Jersey
A friend of a friend is trying to sell an electronic kit. They came to me for help and I have exactly zero knowledge of electronic drums! So, I thought I'd ask you guys. I received a few blurry pictures so bear with me please. What I think I see is a Roland TD-8 V Drum module with " Pintech pads? A Yamaha rack and a couple of black cymbal shaped rubber pads and a cheapo but real hi hat. Any idea how old the module is? What they might be worth? I am told it is in good working order just not used anymore. Also I never heard of Pintech pads...They look like they might be opaque as I believe I'm looking at a rack bar "through" the playing surface. Any info would help! Thanks in Advance guys

dtk

dtk

Percussionist Maximus

• Gold
  • 6,625 posts
  • LocationNeedham MA...

i don't have a lot to offer here but look at Ebay for similar items to see what they're going for.  I'm using Pintech cymbals...they seem to go fairly cheaply on ebay  etc....though the clear one's seems to sell better/rarer.

good luck

Stickinthemud

Stickinthemud

Percussionist Maximus

• Members
  • 5,796 posts
  • LocationGrapevine, TX

I would not be too excited about using Pintech pads with a Roland module. Maybe they work fine, maybe not. Roland pads are set up quite different from Pintech pads, and while it is possible that there's a preset in the module that will make them work OK, the possibility exists that A: they sound alright now, but if you have reset the module you might lose those settings and have a hard time re-configuring, B: the presets (assuming they are there and you can find them) will sound fine and off you go, or C: they don't work right now and no amount of tweaking will get you there.

I would not advise buying a Frankenstein ekit if you are just getting started with edrums, as you risk wasting time and money in the process of making them playable. Instead, hold back, do your homework, and decide which kit you can afford and will serve you best. Your best value in a used kit is going to be to buy one complete with the same pads as it was originally sold with. This effectively eliminates problems of compatibility and increases resale value when you decide to move up to something better.

An excellent on-line forum for electronic drums is www.vdrums.com. It is Roland-centric, but other brands are well-covered there, too.

Best of luck!

DWSlingerland45

DWSlingerland45

Advanced Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,886 posts
  • LocationMount Holly New Jersey
Great advice guys Thank You!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users