Photo

Kenny Aronoff Clinic at Drummer's Hangout !

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 952 posts
  • LocationAurora, Ontario

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give the fellow forumites, especially the ones that can make the trip a heads up about this event. I am totally stoked that Mr Aronoff will be here on April 12th, Wednesday and the clinic will start around 7:00PM. I have limited seating so let me know as soon as you know !

Looking forward to this ! 

Attached Thumbnails

• Kenny Aronoff poster.jpg

Tilter

Tilter

Forum Guru

• Gold
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire
Man, that's going to be killer! I had the pleasure of seeing Kenny twice and he's always great. Tell everyone who attends this clinic to keep their ears wide open and take notes, Murat. He's a wealth of industry knowledge in every regard.

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 952 posts

Man, that's going to be killer! I had the pleasure of seeing Kenny twice and he's always great. Tell everyone who attends this clinic to keep their ears wide open and take notes, Murat. He's a wealth of industry knowledge in every regard.

I am so excited about this one ! I am not sure if I should tell folks to keep the ears open or bring earplugs though :-) . I know what you mean though...this guy knows so much. I will tape as much as I can and post later !

Castnblast

Castnblast

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada
Awesome, congrats have a great clinic.

Will he be in town playing and you got him to come out?

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 952 posts

Awesome, congrats have a great clinic.

Will he be in town playing and you got him to come out?

Thank you ! He is actually doing a small clinic tour in Canada, a couple in Quebec, a couple in BC...I got the only one in Ontario :-) Are you coming?

RickP

RickP

Dan RH Jr.

• Platinum
  • 11,758 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

I get Dibs on one of the nice big easy chairs in the lounge.

cochlea

cochlea

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationWestern New York

With the amount of time you spend there, I'm surprised you don't have a chair with your name on it at Murat's shop?  :laughing6: Actually, I'm jealous that I don't live as close as you. It sounds like a great place to hang and I would love to attend this clinic.

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 952 posts

With the amount of time you spend there, I'm surprised you don't have a chair with your name on it at Murat's shop?  :laughing6: Actually, I'm jealous that I don't live as close as you. It sounds like a great place to hang and I would love to attend this clinic.

Cochlea, if you could  make the trip for the clinic, you are more than welcome to stay at my place overnight !  

jaymandude

jaymandude

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • Locationouter limits

" Hey, I was just wondering.  With those bug eyed sunglasses you always wear. Are you trying to be the Roy Haynes of rock ? "

I'd love to be there.

cochlea

cochlea

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,355 posts

Cochlea, if you could  make the trip for the clinic, you are more than welcome to stay at my place overnight !  

Thanks, Murat. That's a very kind offer. Unfortunately my work schedule won't accommodate the trip up and back. I'm determined, however, to finally get to your shop someday. 

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 952 posts

Wow, what a night ! Kenny's energy is infectious ! He just keeps going ! He played , talked , inspired, and stayed until the last person got his stuff signed ! Just amazing stuff ! The guy is refusing to age !

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02019.JPG

Skyrm

Skyrm

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,854 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio
Congrats on the clinic. I saw Kenny in clinic probably 30 years ago, and he was awesome even back then.

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 952 posts

Congrats on the clinic. I saw Kenny in clinic probably 30 years ago, and he was awesome even back then.

Thank you Sir ! It was an amazing experience for everyone, that's for sure !

bbunks

bbunks

Drum Czar

• Platinum
  • 2,665 posts
  • LocationChicago

I am so excited about this one ! I am not sure if I should tell folks to keep the ears open or bring earplugs though :-) . I know what you mean though...this guy knows so much. I will tape as much as I can and post later !

I've been to a Kenny clinic and have taken a lesson with him - earplugs for sure. He's really a great player and an equally great guy. And loud!

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 952 posts

I am so excited about this one ! I am not sure if I should tell folks to keep the ears open or bring earplugs though :icon_smile: . I know what you mean though...this guy knows so much. I will tape as much as I can and post later !

I've been to a Kenny clinic and have taken a lesson with him - earplugs for sure. He's really a great player and an equally great guy. And loud!

For sure ! He is loud but in the sense that he means every note he plays ! He closed the clinic with a jazz piece from the Burning for Buddy project and most folks were like " Where did that come from?" He is a versatile player and a lot of folks still don't know about it ! 

That must have been a great experience, taking a lesson from him !

cochlea

cochlea

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,355 posts

Hi Murat,

What piece did he do from the "Burning for Buddy" project? Did he play along to a drumless track? I have both CDs from that project so I'm curious to learn which song he played at the clinic.

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 952 posts

Hi Murat,

What piece did he do from the "Burning for Buddy" project? Did he play along to a drumless track? I have both CDs from that project so I'm curious to learn which song he played at the clinic.

I was busy doing some other stuff while keeping an ear to the whole thing so I missed some of it but I am 99% sure it was Straight No Chaser, ending it with a nice big solo ! Impressive stuff. It was a drumless track.

Tilter

Tilter

Forum Guru

• Gold
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Hi Murat,

I was busy doing some other stuff while keeping an ear to the whole thing so I missed some of it but I am 99% sure it was Straight No Chaser, ending it with a nice big solo ! Impressive stuff. It was a drumless track.

It's been a long time but if I recall the story that he told us correctly, Kenny was, or had been, touring overseas (Japan I believe) the day before his Burning for Buddy session. He flew in that morning, laid down the track for 'Straight No Chaser' first, then 'Big Swing Face' and then headed out again for another session. The dude is a machine!  :headbang:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users