Photo

Kenny Aronoff Clinic at Drummer's Hangout !

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 804 posts
  • LocationAurora, Ontario

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give the fellow forumites, especially the ones that can make the trip a heads up about this event. I am totally stoked that Mr Aronoff will be here on April 12th, Wednesday and the clinic will start around 7:00PM. I have limited seating so let me know as soon as you know !

Looking forward to this ! 

Attached Thumbnails

• Kenny Aronoff poster.jpg

Tilter

Tilter

Forum Guru

• Gold
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire
Man, that's going to be killer! I had the pleasure of seeing Kenny twice and he's always great. Tell everyone who attends this clinic to keep their ears wide open and take notes, Murat. He's a wealth of industry knowledge in every regard.

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 804 posts

Man, that's going to be killer! I had the pleasure of seeing Kenny twice and he's always great. Tell everyone who attends this clinic to keep their ears wide open and take notes, Murat. He's a wealth of industry knowledge in every regard.

I am so excited about this one ! I am not sure if I should tell folks to keep the ears open or bring earplugs though :-) . I know what you mean though...this guy knows so much. I will tape as much as I can and post later !

Castnblast

Castnblast

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada
Awesome, congrats have a great clinic.

Will he be in town playing and you got him to come out?

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 804 posts

Awesome, congrats have a great clinic.

Will he be in town playing and you got him to come out?

Thank you ! He is actually doing a small clinic tour in Canada, a couple in Quebec, a couple in BC...I got the only one in Ontario :-) Are you coming?

RickP

RickP

Dan RH Jr.

• Platinum
  • 11,281 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

I get Dibs on one of the nice big easy chairs in the lounge.

cochlea

cochlea

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationWestern New York

With the amount of time you spend there, I'm surprised you don't have a chair with your name on it at Murat's shop?  :laughing6: Actually, I'm jealous that I don't live as close as you. It sounds like a great place to hang and I would love to attend this clinic.

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 804 posts

With the amount of time you spend there, I'm surprised you don't have a chair with your name on it at Murat's shop?  :laughing6: Actually, I'm jealous that I don't live as close as you. It sounds like a great place to hang and I would love to attend this clinic.

Cochlea, if you could  make the trip for the clinic, you are more than welcome to stay at my place overnight !  

jaymandude

jaymandude

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Locationouter limits

" Hey, I was just wondering.  With those bug eyed sunglasses you always wear. Are you trying to be the Roy Haynes of rock ? "

I'd love to be there.

cochlea

cochlea

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,294 posts

Cochlea, if you could  make the trip for the clinic, you are more than welcome to stay at my place overnight !  

Thanks, Murat. That's a very kind offer. Unfortunately my work schedule won't accommodate the trip up and back. I'm determined, however, to finally get to your shop someday. 

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 804 posts

Wow, what a night ! Kenny's energy is infectious ! He just keeps going ! He played , talked , inspired, and stayed until the last person got his stuff signed ! Just amazing stuff ! The guy is refusing to age !

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02019.JPG

Skyrm

Skyrm

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,692 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio
Congrats on the clinic. I saw Kenny in clinic probably 30 years ago, and he was awesome even back then.

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 804 posts

Congrats on the clinic. I saw Kenny in clinic probably 30 years ago, and he was awesome even back then.

Thank you Sir ! It was an amazing experience for everyone, that's for sure !

bbunks

bbunks

Drum Czar

• Platinum
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationChicago

I am so excited about this one ! I am not sure if I should tell folks to keep the ears open or bring earplugs though :-) . I know what you mean though...this guy knows so much. I will tape as much as I can and post later !

I've been to a Kenny clinic and have taken a lesson with him - earplugs for sure. He's really a great player and an equally great guy. And loud!

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 804 posts

I am so excited about this one ! I am not sure if I should tell folks to keep the ears open or bring earplugs though :icon_smile: . I know what you mean though...this guy knows so much. I will tape as much as I can and post later !

I've been to a Kenny clinic and have taken a lesson with him - earplugs for sure. He's really a great player and an equally great guy. And loud!

For sure ! He is loud but in the sense that he means every note he plays ! He closed the clinic with a jazz piece from the Burning for Buddy project and most folks were like " Where did that come from?" He is a versatile player and a lot of folks still don't know about it ! 

That must have been a great experience, taking a lesson from him !

cochlea

cochlea

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,294 posts

Hi Murat,

What piece did he do from the "Burning for Buddy" project? Did he play along to a drumless track? I have both CDs from that project so I'm curious to learn which song he played at the clinic.

Murat

Murat

Advanced Snr. Member

• Retail
  • 804 posts

Hi Murat,

What piece did he do from the "Burning for Buddy" project? Did he play along to a drumless track? I have both CDs from that project so I'm curious to learn which song he played at the clinic.

I was busy doing some other stuff while keeping an ear to the whole thing so I missed some of it but I am 99% sure it was Straight No Chaser, ending it with a nice big solo ! Impressive stuff. It was a drumless track.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users