Photo

Chicago Show! What are you bringing and/or looking for?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Troyh

Troyh

Team DFO

• Moderators
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationHills of Southern Indiana, Nutopia

Personally, I'm bringing an Oyster Black Jazz Combo 3 x 13 snare that I hope to turn into a Oyster Black Pioneer and probably a set or two to trade/sell.

(And keep the winning streak on the Annual Beatle's trivia match going.)

http://www.rebeats.c...start_page.html

drawtheline55

drawtheline55

Owner/admin

• Administrators
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationBoston

Nice drum Troy, wish I could go, take pics please, should be a good time.

Ben

MDBDrum

MDBDrum

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationChicago Suburbs

@Troy -

Hoping to find a BOP pioneer myself. Of course price is the biggest hurdle.

curotto

curotto

DFO Potentate

• Double Platinum
  • 3,956 posts
  • LocationS. F. Bay Area

I'm bringing money...always looking for rare vintage snare drums, 14"/15" top and bottom calf heads, old drum keys, old sticks, old practice pads, old catalogs...

Looking forward to seeing all my friends and fellow collectors!

Mike Curotto

DolFan54

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot

• Members
  • 10,870 posts
  • LocationSanta Rosa, CA.
I'm going to be looking for a 20" or 22" Camco Oaklawn bass drum in champagne sparkle.

KCDrumDad

KCDrumDad

Forum Guru

• Double Platinum
  • 1,163 posts
  • LocationKansas City

I am looking for:

*  a 1920s Ludwig 14" NOB snare hoop, 8 clips and 8 tension rods to replace the ones I took from a 4x14 8 lug snare to complete a 6.5x14 10 lug snare.

*  late 1950s/early 1960s 14x14" Rogers floor tom with Pirate badge and B&B lugs in Jet Black

*  Mark Cooper in good health sitting in a sea of green

Note - I would be happy with a 16x16 Rogers if I cannot find the 14x14.

Edited by KCDrumDad, 19 April 2017 - 03:02 PM.

Mark Cooper

Mark Cooper

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,142 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA
I'll be there!!! Thanks.

RickP

RickP

Dan RH Jr.

• Platinum
  • 11,645 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

I will be looking for an Orange Swirl Yamaha  Club Custom  snare drum while at the show. I also have to pick up a snare strainer from Inde and Trick for a friend.

Edited by RickP, 23 April 2017 - 08:54 PM.

Wayneonthedrums

Wayneonthedrums

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • LocationSydney
Unable to make the show but I'm always looking out for a 14 x 6 1/2 lacquer over brass Ludwig Super 403.
If one pops up I would love it if someone could let me know.

Troyh

Troyh

Team DFO

• Moderators
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationHills of Southern Indiana, Nutopia

Wayne,

Will do.

Mark,

Staying at the same place as last year?  Marriott, within stumbling distance of the show?

Bun Carlos

Bun Carlos

Pro

• Platinum
  • 2,688 posts
  • LocationCaledonia, Illinois

I'm bringing in a few pieces for buyers, drums I've pre-sold.

Randy and me will be bringing all sorts of cool stuff and debris from our collections.

Look for us across from the Ludwig booth.

Mark

Mark

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 959 posts

Wayne,

Will do.

Mark,

Staying at the same place as last year?  Marriott, within stumbling distance of the show?

No, this year I am at a different hotel about 2 miles from the show. 

AaronLatos

AaronLatos

spang spang a lang

• Members
  • 3,637 posts
  • Locationupstate NY
Will be at home with a new baby, but am trying to reunite my kit with its snare, which I know was at the Chicago show a couple years back.

It's a gold glass glitter Slingerland Radio King with nickel hardware from the late 40s, and probably has either a chrome stickers reading "BB" or "B B" stamped into the hoop. Original owner was Benny Barth, who passed earlier this year.

If anyone sees it, I want to bring it home!

A Stick

A Stick

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationGuelph, ON Canada
If anyone sees a Rogers Mardi Gras floor tom, please notify me! (Astickland@sympatico.ca).

CSR

CSR

Member since May 2000

• Platinum
  • 5,739 posts
  • Location- Snow Belt, New York State, USA, Earth
Any interest in a Slingerland 70's 18x16 four-legged floor tom carefully re-wrapped in bluish marine pearl? Excellent chrome, new Aquarian heads, but small shrinkage gap in Pearl.

'52 Leedy 16" marching snare re-wrapped in Ludwig marine Pearl. Good chrome, new heads, gut snares. Unusual size. Might make a great floor tom. I've marched a few times with it myself since buying it at the Chicago show in 2015.

If there's any interest, pm me and I'll have the item at the Chicago show in May. Photos available.

Joeyboom

Joeyboom

De. Drum Show Feb. TBA 2018

• Platinum
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationBurlington NJ
I will have the WWI/II collection as well as some vintage trinkets available for sale. A Knob Tune Kit snare drums Cymbals etc.
Any Neil Peart fans I will have AUTOGRAPHED items for sale as well. . One of 4 13" Logo heads from the time machine tour sponsored by Hudson music "Center Stage" video event.

wflrgr8

wflrgr8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Locationsunny south
I plan to be there both days and am bringing a 1941 Ludwig & Ludwig snare for sale.

hawker

hawker

Drum Czar

• Platinum
  • 2,505 posts

I'm coming and want to buy a Bosphorus T shirt and a Bos 21 or 22" Master ride on the heavy side. Heavier the better and NOT Master Vintage, Master Series.

I also have a few cymbals for the consignment area unless someone here wants to strike a deal and I'll deliver to you.

Several Bos crash and ride; AGOP 30th 22" Ride; 20"Kerope Prototype Ride; 14" AGOP Sig. hats. PM me for details.  

Last, I also have a pair of sticks that Buddy gave me in 1966.  They are the Roger's model with the coke bottle hand sanded butt end.  He gave them to me at a concert in Rochester, NY at a club called The Top of the Plaza and I have a newspaper write-up that mentions me by name.  I don't really want to sell them but would consider a real SERIOUS offer.

My first Chicago show, hope to meet some of you!

Edited by hawker, 08 May 2017 - 10:32 AM.

studrum

studrum

Advanced Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

I'm coming and want to buy a Bosphorus T shirt and a Bos 21 or 22" Master ride on the heavy side. Heavier the better and NOT Master Vintage, Master Series.

I also have a few cymbals for the consignment area unless someone here wants to strike a deal and I'll deliver to you.

Several Bos crash and ride; AGOP 30th 22" Ride; 20"Kerope Prototype Ride; 14" AGOP Sig. hats. PM me for details.

Last, I also have a pair of sticks that Buddy gave me in 1966. They are the Roger's model with the coke bottle hand sanded butt end. He gave them to me at a concert in Rochester, NY at a club called The Top of the Plaza and I have a newspaper write-up that mentions me by name. I don't really want to sell them but would consider a real SERIOUS offer.

My first Chicago show, hope to meet some of you!

Hawker,

Which Bosphorus rides and crashes are you selling? I love those cymbals and have been playing them for 15+ years.

Thanks, Stu (guy with the Art Taylor tape).

sazemanek1

sazemanek1

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationEuclid, Ohio

HI,

I'm looking for these pedals for my collection! If you find one of them please let me know.

Also, the Wooden Victorious was at the 2013 Chicago Show. Let me know if you see it this year!

Thank you everyone.

SAZ

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users