- - - - - yamaha electronic trigger tp60 tp65 tp70

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

detroitdrummer

detroitdrummer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Locationdetroit

Question: Let me start off by saying... any help would be greatly appreciated.... as, I can not find the answer to this anywhere online.

I have the Yamaha DTX522K electric drum kit and would like to add additional toms. Can anyone tell me if the TP60 tom will work on the DTX522K kit? The DTX522K kit uses the DTX502 drum module. The tom model number on the DTX522K is TP70. Seems they are simply triggers... so, not sure why it wouldn't. I can find the TP60 online a lot cheaper than the TP65 or TP70 toms. Thoughts... suggestions? Thanks again for any help.

Edited by detroitdrummer, 04 June 2017 - 07:29 PM.

Cauldronics

Cauldronics

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Unfortunately, I don't see the TP60 on Yamaha's pad/module compatibility chart, but I would expect it to work with the 502.

Here's what you need to look at:  http://download.yamaha.com/file/59242

Btw, if you haven't looked at Guitar Center used online, they have a whole bunch of TP65 for very cheap.  Like $20. http://www.guitarcen...=yamaha TP&Ns=r

Edited by Cauldronics, 05 June 2017 - 04:16 AM.

detroitdrummer

detroitdrummer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Locationdetroit

Thanks Cauldronics. I was looking at those yesterday at GC. In fact, I have one of them in my shopping cart right now. There was a DTXPRESS set on there for only $150 that I was going to snatch up... but wanted to see if the TP60 pads would work with my set. The set is already sold now... Oh well. Thanks for the chart... after a quick look... I don't see the DTXPRESS or TP60 pads even listed on there. Maybe I'm missing it. I'll look at it again. Just getting back into drumming after being out of it for over 20 years. Kinda like riding a bike.... that I was never really good at... but, having a blast playing again. Glad I found this forum... I'll be back.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yamaha, electronic, trigger, tp60, tp65, tp70

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users