SOLD Yamaha Recording Custom (Japan era) 26,12,13,14,16

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

spaeth

spaeth

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

I have a set of very Red Yamaha Recording Custom drums that I bought here years ago. It is a fabulous set of drums in amazing condition. The bass drum is a a thunderous 26x14. I am actually using the last owners pictures as his are much better than mine but I can take pics of any details you would like. The condition of the drums are the same other than a little more pedal rash. The only reason I am letting this set go is I have a set of Lacquer Ayottes that I love and I have a beater Ludwig set that is my pieced together gig kit. These have been sitting on my shelf other than pulling them down from time to time to hear their great sound for a while. Having two really nice lacquer kits is more than I need right now. I also have a fairly good collection of the Yamaha cymbal stands that we could work out a price for as well. These stands are amazing for a studio type setup, read super heavy but bomber. 

The edges and overall quality of this drum set are absolutely amazing and the toms have an amazing sound like no other. I could be open to some trades, but mainly interested in eventually ending up with a Jenkins Martin kit of some sort.

Asking $2200. I have a friend at a UPS store who thinks we can ship this kit almost anywhere for about $450. We can discuss shipping. 

Attached Files

Edited by spaeth, 11 September 2017 - 06:38 PM.

bluejacketsfan

bluejacketsfan

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • LocationPomeroy,Ohio

They look gorgeous! Out of the 3 or 4 of these I've seen, I think this is the first ones that have the red interiors, which I bet look amazing set up.

spaeth

spaeth

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

They are really special drums. The toms are some of the best I have heard and the bass drum has super fast low tone to it. My Ayotte's are just a little more special to me with a 24x18 virgin bass drum and my Ludwigs are the perfect gig set with mismatched toms and a 26x16 bass drum. Our band used to practice away, so the extra kit was nice. Now we practice at my place so these sit.

thanks

Craig

musiqman

musiqman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam, The Netherlands
Omg. What a beauty. Red AND 26". Sick! Here are a lot of Yamaha fans from around the globe together, who could be interested in such a stunner:
https://www.facebook...84811858569052/

drummaman1

drummaman1

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Why are the pics so small when I click on them?  These drums are beautiful.

tom sizes are 10-12-13 16 floor?

edit: my bad, in the post title.

Edited by drummaman1, 07 June 2017 - 08:20 AM.

MustangMick

MustangMick

Advanced Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,623 posts
  • LocationDundalk, Ireland

Lovely drums, very reminiscent of the ones Tony Thompson used.

Mick

spaeth

spaeth

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

I think the pics are small because when I saved them from the old post it saved the thumbnails not the full size pics. I will get them out and see if I can get some more big pictures. They are gorgeous drums for sure, and sound as good as they look. 

thanks

Craig

ian.thomas

ian.thomas

Advanced Snr. Member

• Double Platinum
  • 746 posts
  • LocationDallas

26"?!? For some strange reason I never knew I needed one of these before this post.   :happy11:

mariosdrums

mariosdrums

Pro

• Platinum
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationSunny So. Cal

Tony Thompson all day! Cool kit

spaeth

spaeth

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Had a Craigslist guy saying he wanted these but he backed out. I will try and get some larger pictures up today for you guys. 

Thanks for the cool comments, I wish I would use it more but I hate to see it sit.

Craig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Locationct usa

cool drums, $450 for shipping? the guy isnt your friend thats crazy...unless you are talking shipping to siberia..

spaeth

spaeth

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

You can fit a 24" bass drum into a regular size box. I have not found a way to fit a 26" bass drum in a box that isn't oversize. I am very open to shipping ideas and will only charge the actual cost of shipping. 

I haven't packed them yet. I kind of put it on hold since the local guy said he wanted them. As soon as I get pictures shot I can get them packed up and get a for sure price. I also have a fiber case for the bass drum I would throw in.

thanks

Craig

spaeth

spaeth

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Finally got some bigger pictures taken.

Attached Files

spaeth

spaeth

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

The pics are coming out blurry here for some reason maybe should have saved them bigger. Here are pics of the badges and the few flaws I found.

Attached Files

spaeth

spaeth

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Lets see if these come out a little better with a higher resolution.

Attached Files

spaeth

spaeth

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Lots of looking but no takers yet. Would entertain serious offers.

thanks

Craig

B60S70SWLBL2002PW

B60S70SWLBL2002PW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNorth Warrandyte, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

You don't have 16&18"floor toms?,

Willing to seperate &sell the 26" on its own?,

Please provide a shipping quote to 3095 Eltham Australia,

Ta,

Ado.

Hemant*

Hemant*

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
  • LocationDC/Baltimore

Can you give us at least a State where you are located if someone was interested in purchase/pick-up? 

spaeth

spaeth

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Sorry I forgot a location. I am in southern WA state an hour east of Portland Oregon. I would be willing to drive them into Portland and maybe even up to Seattle as I have family and friends up there. 

I don't want to split these up. Do you want a quote for the whole kit to Australia? Can't imagine it wouldn't be crazy expensive but sometimes it is surprising. Do you have any ideas of good freight companies for Australian shipping?

thanks for the interest

Craig

B60S70SWLBL2002PW

B60S70SWLBL2002PW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNorth Warrandyte, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I do actually&i also know someone(customer) who imports cars from USA to Australia,

So providing i have dimensions of boxes you'd use &weight,

I can enquire as to what part of USA he ships his containers from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users