7 replies to this topic

Cauldronics

Cauldronics

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 4,687 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

SOLD

I'm letting go of my Rogers XP-8 four piece.  If you're not familiar with XP-8's, there are very informative, detailed threads about them here on DFO.

Some of the best shells ever made, not just my opinion.  They're in very good condition overall, probably 8 out of 10.  The shells are immaculate and edges are fine and crisp.  The interior of the bass drum is a llittle dirty and could use a light sanding to bring out the wood glow.  Light lifting of the wrap is pictured.  Fairly normal for wrap XP-8's, many of which don't survive and come off in chunks, but this wrap is completely intact and looks stunning.   

The most notable exceptions are mixed bass drum T-rods which are from different eras.  One set is probably from an earlier kit and the other is from a later, modern XP-8.  There are 10 one on side and nine on the other, the 10th being a regular square head rod placed by the previous owner to avoid pedal interference.  The tom arms were cut down for tighter tom grouping with less pipe in the shell, and to prepare them for RIMs mounts (not completed).  They insert fully and function normally.  I replaced one of the original, smashed bass drum hoops with a copy that looks exactly like the other original - black with a chrome inlay.  When I did this it looked like the kit had adorned itself with a tuxedo. 

edit: I can assure you, there are reflections on the wrap that are not imperfections, just glare from the lighting.

All moving parts work as expected and without issues.  All memory locks are present.  Previous owner applied blue powder coat to the bass drum spurs to match the Blue Mist wrap. 

This kit sounds amazing, the bass drum in particular.

14x22

16x16

9x13

8x12

$800 shipped and offers are welcome

(pics would only upload sideways)

Attached Files

Edited by Cauldronics, 05 October 2017 - 06:46 PM.

Cauldronics

Cauldronics

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 4,687 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

^^^

crash

crash

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 3,172 posts
  • LocationSan Luis Obispo,Ca

Awesome set. I'm on a drum purge. Sold three sets in two weeks. A year ago, these would be in the UPS truck headed my way...

Cauldronics

Cauldronics

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 4,687 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

I'm working on time travel.  See you soon.

Cauldronics

Cauldronics

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 4,687 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

^ ^ ^ 

Cauldronics

Cauldronics

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 4,687 posts