• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

drums101

drums101

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationSouthern Indiana

I'm currently using an Alesis Sample Pad 4 to trigger some "stomps, claps, etc.."  The sound quality when translated to the pad changes dramatically.  I was thinking about getting a Yamaha DTX, but every sample pad is 16 bit.  Has anyone owned both?  I know the Roland and Yamaha have a lot more interface options.  I'm really only looking for an improvement in sound quality.  Thoughts?

dtk

dtk

Percussionist Maximus

• Gold
  • 6,688 posts
  • LocationNeedham MA...

I have the sample pad pro.  I haven't noticed what your discussing so maybe its my ears.   But if it isn't.  Is it uni-formally bad regardless of what you plug your 4 into?  Does the 4 have onboard reverb?  I found that made some of my samples less crisp (too much reverb).  

Also...what are you listening to, to hear the samples before you load them onto SD card for the 4?  Could the SD card or its formatting be an issue?  

and fwiw...I'd be happy to swap some samples.

dtk

DHA

DHA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationNorth America

I had an older version of the Alesis SamplePad, there was no real noticeable change in sound quality when I used it.

I've currently got the Yamaha DTX Multi-12, and sound quality is A+. I use it live and for recording, very happy with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users