kaide

kaide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Hi guys!

I had to dig this old live TV recording of our conservatory Steely Dan tribute band for a little tribute to the late Walter Becker. We played this at the morning around 3-4 am so everybody were quite tired but when you have a possibility to play Steely Dan songs and drum solo on a live television it's really rare treat :)

So here's Josie with a little drum & percussion solos in the middle and by the way the perc player is Pete Korpela who's is one of the best in LA area and has also played sessions with Vinnie Colaiuta.

xipa4

xipa4

Sister Cool

• Members
  • 3,220 posts
  • Location<Insert Location Here>

Nice job! :headbang:

And also loved the drum & percussion solo there!

Edited by xipa4, 13 September 2017 - 05:01 AM.

Merlin5

Merlin5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Awesome, kaide. Incredibly clean playing start to finish; flawless. By the way, this is just my quirky mind,  but the percussionist looks like you have a twin brother, and the guitarist looks a little bit like you today.  Holy cow, it's a band of Kaides! :D

kaide

kaide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Thanks xipa and Merlin!

Merlin, if you have time or interest, I'm playing in London Borderline 25.9. with Erja Lyytinen. It must be the hair style we had back then :)

Merlin5

Merlin5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Nice,  if I can make it, I'll come! Are you currently touring with Erja?

Kai,  I just watched a video of you with her. She's excellent. I was wondering what your sticking is for the snare roll at 7:46 here,

It sounds a bit like a 6 stroke roll.

Is your sequence RllrrLRllrrLRllrrL, or  rrllRLrrllRLrrllRL, etc or neither of these? I'm inclined to think it's the second one if anything as your accented strokes are falling on the 'and's of each beat and watching your hands, it looks like you're leading the accents with the right hand.  Do I get a cookie or am I way offbase? :D

kaide

kaide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationEspoo, Finland

Yes I have played with her since beginning of 2016, this UK tour might be the last one for me...at least in some time.

You were right about the sticking, it's the second one rrllRL rrllRL etc. I stole it from Gary Novak video with Landau :)

6-stroke roll is my favourite with different versions. By the way this was the second gig I played these songs with her and it was filmed!! Quite fresh in many ways, trying to remember all the breaks :)

Edited by kaide, 14 September 2017 - 04:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users