• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

gezz

gezz

Percussionist Maximus

• Members
  • 6,437 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Scotland
I have a few and I love them.. they are working on a few new models and have just released a white logo 23" anniversary Ride limited to 1000.. I have no wish for a 23" but be interested to see what's next.. the fast crashes and sizzle ride I LOVE

Gerry

RickP

RickP

Dan RH Jr.

• Platinum
  • 11,846 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North
Too bad they started making them thicker , the first couple of years they were fantastic. Really warm and shimmery like butter. Now they are different.

cornelius

cornelius

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 986 posts

I remember when they came out - best sounding,most versatile  crashes...

Redbeard77

Redbeard77

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 635 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

I have A Custom crashes in 16, 18, and 20" sizes and I love them for everything I play. However, I don't care as much for the hats and rides so I use regular As for those.

JazzDrumGuy

JazzDrumGuy

Drum Czar

• Platinum
  • 2,779 posts
  • LocationPebble Beach, CA

I remember when they 1st came out......man, I am old!  I had the entire set when they came out - 14 hats, 14, 16, 17, 18 crashes, 20 ride......they were great....I got over the bright sound though and sold all except the 14 crash.  It actually was lower pitched than a 17 K thin dark crash I had!  I let it get nice and tarnished and it was pretty sweet, but that had to go, too.

Yes, they were nice and then back then.  I have come across a few in the last 10 yrs that were so-so........

dangermoney

dangermoney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

I still use the 18" crash but I sold off the 15 and 17 and put the 16 in storage.  However, I'm contemplating replacing it with one of the new design big 'A' 18" medium thins.

Edited by dangermoney, 09 October 2017 - 09:35 PM.

gezz

gezz

Percussionist Maximus

• Members
  • 6,437 posts
I think the fast crashes are what the original crashes were.. I only own fast models.. I love them. The sizzle Ride I bought from new when it was first introduced.. maybe a couple of years after the release of the 1992 originals!!

gezz

gezz

Percussionist Maximus

• Members
  • 6,437 posts

I think the fast crashes captures the essence of what the original crashes were.. I only own fast models.. I love them. The sizzle Ride I bought from new when it was first introduced.. maybe a couple of years after the release of the 1992 originals!!

Doosh

Doosh

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,011 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

I think the fast crashes captures the essence of what the original crashes were.. I only own fast models.. I love them. The sizzle Ride I bought from new when it was first introduced.. maybe a couple of years after the release of the 1992 originals!!

Anyone notice an echo in here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users