Zildjian A 18" Thin Crash 1960s Tall Stamp 1320g $165 Shipped

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

drumtimejohn

drumtimejohn

• Silver
  • 433 posts
  • LocationSLC
Last 18" cymbal up for sale kids. All three have different weight and attributes.

Faint 1.5in Tall Stamp (digital camera pic on Reverb). There are no cracks, nicks, bites, or keyhole. Edges show some unevenness likely from crash strikes on this thin bow. Overall, this thin crash is in really good condition. Appears to have wild looking natural lathe chatter throughout the cymbal.

Feel free to buy it from my Reverb shop through Direct Checkout. Video and additional pics are located there. No trades. CONUS. PM as needed. Thanks.

Other brass of potential interest available as well. I'm happy to work out something for more than one item.

https://reverb.com/i...-vintage-avedis

http://youtu.be/PX6uy9EKSmU

Attached Files

Edited by drumtimejohn, 07 October 2017 - 10:34 PM.

zenstat

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd

• Platinum
  • 3,082 posts
  • LocationAuckland New Zealand

This one is definitely on my list of cymbals which look like they were produced in the 50s but have a 60s trademark stamp.

I'm not getting clear results trying to use scaling on the image to get the bell diameter. Is the bell around 5" or 5.25"? It doesn't seem like a 5.5" bell. The 5.5" is the larger diameter bell used on crashes by the 1960s. But I don't know when that larger 5.5" bell started. Just that this bell is around by the 1960s. Any chance of putting a ruler next to it and seeing what you get? Thanks. The other way to judge differences in bells is to nest your Hollow Block inside this one (and vice versa) which picks up bell differences (height and diameter) as well as differences in profile.

Where do you find all these gems? GLWS.

Edited by zenstat, 07 October 2017 - 04:04 PM.

drumtimejohn

drumtimejohn

• Silver
  • 433 posts
  • LocationSLC
Both the Tall Stamp and HB measure 5" in diameter. The depth on the Tall is approximately 5/8" while the HB is about 7/8". To measure, I was able to pull a soft tape through the mounting hole but unfortunately there was a little "eyeballing". Painful term for a stat man I'm sure. The difference in depth is also noted when laying the Tall inside the HB.

Thanks, I've been fortunate. The secret sauce is Utah and Mormon disdain for entombed vintage drums/cymbals. As much as that is true, I work real hard at researching, studying, and watching for unvalued gear. I been privileged to collect a lot of cool gear. When I sell something it's usually the result of upgrades in finding a better sound for me.

Attached Files

MLayton

MLayton

Team Dfo

• Double Platinum
  • 30,628 posts

That's a fine looking cymbal. I can hear it in my head! I've got a treasured 21" that looks much like your 18 and it's a keeper. GLWS. Someone should treat themselves to this one.

drumtimejohn

drumtimejohn

• Silver
  • 433 posts
  • LocationSLC
Still available.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users