• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

vintagedrums

vintagedrums

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Hi Guys.

So i'm just starting shooting videos on different gear, primarily from my vintage drums "collection". Reason: Theres a lot of beautiful pictures online, but no sound examples.

Last week i tested my new Craig Lauritsen ride. Very nice open sound. I'm happy with the purchase! 

Craig make the cymbals himself, and i think they are great (and affordable) However, i got mine from a fellow drummer.

This week i'am playing alongside  My top 10 favourite James Brown Drum Grooves. Playing a champagne sparkle 60s Gretsch Round Badge drum kit and some 60s Zildjan A cymbals. The snare sometimes changes to a 14" x 6 1/2" Ludwig Pioneer.

Prufrock

Prufrock

Advanced Snr. Member

• Gold
  • 797 posts
  • LocationUSA

Welcome to DFO!  Thanks for sharing your videos.  You have some great gear that complements your playing.  The Lauritsen ride sounds fabulous!

vintagedrums

vintagedrums

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Welcome to DFO!  Thanks for sharing your videos.  You have some great gear that complements your playing.  The Lauritsen ride sounds fabulous!

Thank you very much  :hello2: And what a great forum! 

Last week i tested my old stamp Zildjian K istanbul 16 & 18 cymbals. Great characteristic sound. 

And a little solo

PressRoll

PressRoll

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Great playing man!  Drums sound great too but your playing is top notch.  Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

Rik_Everglade

Rik_Everglade

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 974 posts
  • LocationSilver Creek, NY

Nice!

RIDDIM

RIDDIM

Drum Czar

• Gold
  • 2,964 posts