• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

dboomer

dboomer

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationVentura CA
You have hang tags on your kit? Kinda doin the Minnie Pearl thing? :)

RickP

RickP

Dan RH Jr.

• Platinum
  • 11,929 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

I have an early low number Craviotto Black Walnut in 24, 13,16,18 with a 7x14 matching snare.  You will be very happy!  

I called Dibs on these remember Rob ?

wflkurt

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus

• Members
  • 8,463 posts
  • LocationChichester NH

This may or may not relate as we are talking about different drum companies but when I bought my classic maple Ludwig's in 2012 it took me a little bit to adjust to them. I was already playing a gold sparkle classic maple set that I bought new in 2003 that sounded great. For some reason when I joined my current band in 2011 I got the itch to have a brand new set to compliment the band. When I got the set and used it on the first few gigs I got pretty nervous because the new set didn't sound like my other set and I was having trouble dialing it in. I was feeling horrible because I was feeling like I made a terrible mistake in buying the new set but knew I had to just work with it. 

I would say that after a month or two the set really started to come together for me and now at 5.5 years later the set has become one of the best sets I have ever owned. It almost felt like they were a new baseball glove that needed to be broken in. I also know that they can sound different from room to room very easily so I think about that too. 

I say all this because sometimes I think it takes a bit to fully adjust to something new.

Treviso1

Treviso1

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 3,406 posts
  • LocationMichigan

You have hang tags on your kit? Kinda doin the Minnie Pearl thing? :)

Yeah, those are old pictures from when I first set them up years ago.  I love Minnie Pearl, BTW!  

Treviso1

Treviso1

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 3,406 posts
  • LocationMichigan

I have an early low number Craviotto Black Walnut in 24, 13,16,18 with a 7x14 matching snare.  You will be very happy!  

I called Dibs on these remember Rob ?

:-)

A J

A J

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 3,222 posts
  • LocationRockford, Michigan

I really don't have a "dream kit."  Right now I'm perfectly content playing my pile of mismatched drums.  (Pearl MCX, Pearl BCX, Gretsch Renown, Tama B/B)  I'll bet that in the right hands, my "Frankenstein kit" could probably give some serious competition to any designer drums.  That said, I still LOVE the look of those custom drums.  Maybe some day....  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users