• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

wflkurt

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus

• Members
  • 8,464 posts
  • LocationChichester NH

This is listed on CL Rhode Island. Man does it look nice.

https://boston.craig...6380886582.html

01717_cRx1SR9oGQc_600x450.jpg

komodobob

komodobob

DFO Potentate

• Double Platinum
  • 3,090 posts

Why can't these kind of gems pop up in my neighborhood? 

wflkurt

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus

• Members
  • 8,464 posts
  • LocationChichester NH

$2600 is a lot of money but for those it looks totally worth it. Where would you find another this nice? Osa has some nice ones but they will likely never be for sale. 

steambent

steambent

Drum Czar

• Double Platinum
  • 2,929 posts
  • LocationOhio
They call it a satin finish? Also are the BD hoops original?

komodobob

komodobob

DFO Potentate

• Double Platinum
  • 3,090 posts

I just emailed the guy with a full price offer if he could ship. He said he may have local interest and will let me know if things fall apart with the local guy.

Osahead2

Osahead2

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 3,469 posts
  • LocationFlying to airshows across America in a B-29 Superfortress!
Hahah, that's correct, I'm definitely keeping mine.

Funny thing when, I first saw this kit, I thought it was mine... it looks actually like mine all the way down to the original 1969 logo bass drum head!

Nonetheless, those drums are very beautiful and well worth the asking price... someone please jump on them!!!

evanf

evanf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Wow!

I want those...

drummertom

drummertom

Advanced Forum Guru

• Gold
  • 1,870 posts
  • LocationBoston

Beautiful kit.  Looks like it is just outside of Boston.  Definitely out of my price range.

Good luck KomodoBob.

komodobob

komodobob

DFO Potentate

• Double Platinum
  • 3,090 posts

Beautiful kit.  Looks like it is just outside of Boston.  Definitely out of my price range.

Good luck KomodoBob.

As Osahead2 mentioned, they are well worth the asking price and I have no problem paying that. The big question is if he is willing to ship.

wflkurt

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus

• Members
  • 8,464 posts
  • LocationChichester NH

I hope he agrees to ship for you. I guess it did not occur to me that someone like you might have been already trying to make this work with a deal so in the future maybe I should refrain from posting these ads as I would hate to ruin a potential deal for anyone. I just thought the set looked incredible and I love it with its original logo head.

Good luck!

komodobob

komodobob

DFO Potentate

• Double Platinum
  • 3,090 posts

I hope he agrees to ship for you. I guess it did not occur to me that someone like you might have been already trying to make this work with a deal so in the future maybe I should refrain from posting these ads as I would hate to ruin a potential deal for anyone. I just thought the set looked incredible and I love it with its original logo head.

Good luck!

Actually I should thank you for posting this. I only contacted him after I saw your OP. I have been looking for a very clean jazzette for quite some time and when you posted this I jumped on it. I've got my fingers crossed.

wflkurt

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus

• Members
  • 8,464 posts
  • LocationChichester NH

Well even better then. This guy sure does fit the bill for a clean jazzette!

burgundy

burgundy

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • Locationn.b. canada

I have something close, 18"  16"  12"     mine have the walnut eagle's in them.  also have a 18"  14"  12" with TAMO ash wood wrap. 

Attached Files

Osahead2

Osahead2

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 3,469 posts

They call it a satin finish? Also are the BD hoops original?

Yes as far as, I can tell the hoops are original.

Interesting, I also have a original 1960s keystone 20/12/14 Downbeat kit that is very close to that same finish.

wflkurt

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus

• Members
  • 8,464 posts
  • LocationChichester NH

Good luck!

Actually I should thank you for posting this. I only contacted him after I saw your OP. I have been looking for a very clean jazzette for quite some time and when you posted this I jumped on it. I've got my fingers crossed.

So did this pan out for you?

komodobob

komodobob

DFO Potentate

• Double Platinum
  • 3,090 posts

Good luck!

So did this pan out for you?

Not yet. He may have a local buyer and if it pans out I'm happy for him. That way he doesn't have to ship and I understand that. One forum member was kind enough to offer with help regarding shipping and I did convey that to the seller. Just waiting for a response right now. 

komodobob

komodobob

DFO Potentate

• Double Platinum
  • 3,090 posts

Update: The seller contacted me again and even though I am willing to pay his asking price, he still has reservations about shipping. (damage concerns)

I told him I would gladly send a non-refundable deposit to him, if he is willing to drive the 2 hours from Boston to the Ct. Drum show in April, where we could consummate the deal. This solves his shipping concerns and I get a very nice jazzette kit. 

The other option is that a forum member very graciously offered to facilitate the shipping for me. Thank you drummertom.

We will see how this plays out. Hopefully, we can put something together. I've got my fingers crossed.

Osahead2

Osahead2

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 3,469 posts
Thanks for the update!

wflkurt

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus

• Members
  • 8,464 posts
  • LocationChichester NH

Hope it works out! 

10 Lug

10 Lug

Advanced Member

• Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCape Cod, MA

Listing has expired, anyone know where they went? Hope someone here got them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users