• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

dwdave

dwdave

Groovinator

• Platinum
  • 2,199 posts
  • LocationDavis, Ca

I recently added a Nord drum 1 and some pads to my kit. I'm thinking about adding other sounds both analog and digital. While they are different, they have similar functions as well. Any thoughts from you folks that have used them? 

Odetta Medoff

Odetta Medoff

• Members
  • 4 posts

I don't recommend the Alesis SamplePad Pro TBH. You hit one pad and the other one accidentally triggers and I do not think it feels very good to play on.

This article sums it up better: https://www.electron...drummers-guide/

Roland TM-2 is supposed to be good - but I have not used it! :)

Edited by Odetta Medoff, 07 January 2018 - 07:09 PM.

dtk

dtk

Percussionist Maximus

• Gold
  • 7,265 posts
  • LocationNeedham MA...

the Samplepad pro does have QC issues w/its pads.  i have one pad that does cross trigger....but its also much cheaper.  you can string a couple of pads/triggers off the main unit and that should fix the cross trigger and surface feel..and probably still be less then the roland.  The roland is also harder to use (but...can do a lot more).

maybe try to find a used Alesis or get the extended warranty.   Also check out looperman.com and freesounds.org for places to find samples.

dtk

blikum

blikum

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina via So. Cal.

I use the TM-2 and recommend it highly. Very versatile and easy to use.

electrodrummer

electrodrummer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationLondon

Depends on your needs and budget, really.  What are you actually trying to achieve and what do you want to spend?

dwdave

dwdave

Groovinator

• Platinum
  • 2,199 posts
  • LocationDavis, Ca

I want to be able to load sounds in and have 2-6 pads. Ideally I'd get a Yamaha multi-12, but it's a bit out of my budget. It sounds like the crosstalk on the Alesis is an issue and it would drive me nuts. The Roland seems like the best bet for my budget. I'll most likely only use 2 pads with it and anything I want to use the Nord for I can just load the sounds into the Roland.  My setup is 3 pads over my 2 rack toms and a pad near my snare and another by my FT. Using the snare and FT pads for tamb, white noise, anvil, cowbell/woodblock etc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alesis, Roland TM-2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users