Photo

Ddrums...the one's from the 80's..does anyone use/sell them?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

iplaymydrums

iplaymydrums

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Locationpolk city ,fl

I hadn't seen & can't find any used ddrums  (the model, not today's simmons clones) that supposedly Kenny Aaronoff used. Has anyone played these?  

Edited by iplaymydrums, 03 February 2018 - 10:31 AM.

Fat Drummer

Fat Drummer

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • LocationTennessee

I used them for years... I mean years! Just sold off my last DDrum 3 and 4SE in the last year (the 3 had stopped powering up). The originals are HARD to find now.

Once the owners (Clavia Instruments) decided to first divest themself of the drum business (at least the pro end) the designers and engineers started a new company called 2Box.

The DDrums were a totally different animal from any other digital kit made in that they assigned the midi note information POST the sound being triggered. Today, we get only 127 levels of velocity through midi, but the voltage style design of DDrums provided an almost liner feeling 1000 points! If you were a drummer triggering in the 90's you triggered from DDrum!!

You looking for a set? I have not played a 2Box kit but based on thier lineage, I would assume their amazing.

Edited by Fat Drummer, 23 February 2018 - 06:14 PM.

dje31

dje31

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationGainesville, Florida, USA

Fat Drummer beat me to it, but yes, the 2Box kit really is today's version of the old ddrum e-kits.  I'm going to pull the trigger--pardon the pun--on a set some day.

dje31

dje31

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationGainesville, Florida, USA

Update:  just checking on the 2Box websites, the DrumIt Five is now discontinued...replaced by the DrumIt Three.

On the upside:  the new brain can use any pads out there ( universal )

Unknown:  have they discontinued the current drum & cymbal pads?

Guess I'll have to check the used market...hmmm...

Edited by dje31, 26 February 2018 - 03:59 PM.

gbow

gbow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Locationmichigan

I still have a set, the ddrum 4SE module and a set of pads. You can use most pads with them as I have a few roland cymbal pads that work fine. 

I will keep the pads for other uses, but if you're interested in the 4SE module send me a PM. It's in perfect working condition and there are some things about it that are still better than even the 2box listed above. it has lower latency than any box on the market. I just don't use it any more and would pass it along to a good home. 

gabo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users