• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

drummerjohn333

drummerjohn333

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,155 posts
  • LocationMichigan
I have some from the late 70s, the hollow logo era. I have used them in every conceivable circumstance both live & in studio and I have never heard them too loud and have never had any complaints.
Yes, there IS something to that: where many are testifying that modern NB models are thicker and louder. Anyone in the last 20 years, who has read threads raving about NBs who has then went out & bought a new pair has probably been a bit let down and confused.
NBs from the 70s really are something special.

Edited by drummerjohn333, 17 February 2018 - 11:24 AM.

Drumstickdude

Drumstickdude

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom
I love my new beat hi-hats, I think mine are actualy getting quieter unfortunately not cutting enough in a rock situation,I've had them from new round about 1980. They have a small hairline crack at the edge 1/4"or 1/2" or something, and they are 'tarnished' a bit prob from being right on top of an stage ice blower.

Edited by Drumstickdude, 17 February 2018 - 12:35 PM.

DWSlingerland45

DWSlingerland45

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,022 posts
  • LocationMount Holly New Jersey
Couple of suggestions first +1000 on the crash over your NB top. Do you have a shop nearby where you could bring your hats and test drive something before you spend hard earned cash? Are they only too loud through your mics? I recently watched a video on drumset micing and when the guy " adjusted " the mics I was shocked at how small the adjustments were. Just possibly it's the mic placement and not your hats ? Also what weights are your New Beats? Singles are available on line if you search.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users