• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

JazzDrumGuy

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Potentate

• Platinum
  • 4,275 posts
  • LocationPebble Beach, CA

I agree, Wayne.  I've had "good quality" lower line kits.  The metal hardware was cheap feeling and light (lugs/FT brackets broke, bent rims, small mount screws, even thinner washers) but the shells, finish and edges were wonderful.

There is nothing bad about made in Asia.  It's cheaper, mass produced and someone is making more profit.....I get that.  I prefer US made.

These kits look nice, but I thought they were made in northern CA, not just based there...........and yes, that coffee finish is cool......

Rich K.

Rich K.

Drummer Excelsior

• Platinum
  • 9,806 posts
  • LocationSavannah, GA

I agree, Wayne. I've had "good quality" lower line kits. The metal hardware was cheap feeling and light (lugs/FT brackets broke, bent rims, small mount screws, even thinner washers) but the shells, finish and edges were wonderful.

There is nothing bad about made in Asia. It's cheaper, mass produced and someone is making more profit.....I get that. I prefer US made.

These kits look nice, but I thought they were made in northern CA, not just based there...........and yes, that coffee finish is cool......

Pretty much all the US made drums have their hardware made in China.

wayne

wayne

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 836 posts
  • Locationcanada

Yes . it does, and depending on your budget, you can have high quality or horrible quality hardware, its your choice. Its about being competitive and a lot of drummers have insisted on beautiful shells with perfect edges, and a quality finish. Well, they have it now, but how do they keep the cost so affordable?

Its not science, its the "other" components that complete the drum...hoops, lugs, etc.

It might take awhile, but we will see the results sooner than later.

You get what you pay for.

JazzDrumGuy

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Potentate

• Platinum
  • 4,275 posts
  • LocationPebble Beach, CA

As long as the hardware is heavy and substantial, I don't have a problem with China......it's when it's weak and screws strip, lugs break and rims bend with regular playing that I get irked with the cheap quality......

shuffle

shuffle

Percussionist Maximus

• Members
  • 5,143 posts
  • LocationReno/Tahoe
Love to own a beech kit.
Not in the cards.
Band says boo!
Lol

Erik

Erik

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Does anyone here own a Barton kit?

douglasfir

douglasfir

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 870 posts
I do. Maple 20,12,14 and snare. They're legit.

Erik

Erik

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

I do. Maple 20,12,14 and snare. They're legit.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users