They ever make them?
-John

ludwigfire

ludwigfire

Forum Guru

• Platinum
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationSan Marcos, Texas
I'm sorry I don't have any pictures, but I do know they made them in the early '70s. All the ones I have seen were single headed concert toms at around 7 to 7.5" depth (not exactly sure).

They pop up from time to time, but a lot of them have been drilled for new mounts or converted to double heads. I found one in the used section of a drum shop for $25 bucks. Blue sparkle, good edges, clear interior, no extra holes, and the chrome was in pretty good shape, and the B/O pointy badge was flat to the shell! Gave it to my cousin for his blue sparkle set.

Edit: forgot I had this one in my stash. Granitone interior, clip mount, reso side slightly out of round (typical for the small concert toms), and 5 small classic lugs.

Attached File  20180416_112445.jpg   81.57KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20180416_112408.jpg   74.17KB   0 downloads

Edited by ludwigfire, 16 April 2018 - 11:31 AM.

drummerbill

drummerbill

Percussionist Maximus

• Gold
  • 5,221 posts
  • LocationNY-NJ Tri-state Area

I have one , a 10 x 7.5", I converted from a single sided concert tom.  Just enough space to drill for reso side lugs and have same spacing from the bearing edge.  P.S....It sounds amazing and has 5 small Ludwig lugs per side !!  Came with a bearing edge on bottom...simple conversion. Was a natural banged up finish and was re-wrapped with thin turquoise flame wrap. These where all former Ludwig marchers with small lugs including  the 20 x 14", which was a large single sided tom I converted into a bass drum.  {10,12,15,20, and 6 1/2 by 14 snare drum.}

Attached Files

Edited by drummerbill, 16 April 2018 - 11:44 AM.

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,162 posts
  • LocationVirginia

I have a white Keystone Badge 10" tom.

CaptainCrunch

CaptainCrunch

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,066 posts
  • LocationWhere Black is the color, where None is the number

I have a White Cortex concert tom with 5 lugs, drilled in far enough from the edge that a bottom row would have to be offset, if that was something I wanted.

Hoochymama has one for sale here right now.

drummerjohn333

drummerjohn333

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,308 posts
  • LocationMichigan

I have a White Cortex concert tom with 5 lugs, drilled in far enough from the edge that a bottom row would have to be offset, if that was something I wanted.

Hoochymama has one for sale here right now.

Send me the link please. ....did not see anything other than his larger concert toms for sale.

JazzDrumGuy

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Potentate

• Platinum
  • 4,832 posts
  • LocationPebble Beach, CA

Converted, I'd like to see your big old 10"......KB tom!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users