• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

K.O.

K.O.

DFO Drum Lord

• Members
  • 18,444 posts
  • LocationIllinois

The Gibraltar iso feet aren't quite as heinous to look at and work the same wonders.

the 10.5mm size work fine on 9.5mm (3/8ths ") legs but will not fit on 12.7mm (1/2").

https://www.amazon.c...=gibraltar feet

SKSMITH

SKSMITH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSTL, MO

You should get some Pearl isolation floor tom feet. They really helped my old round badge kit that I had (and wish I still did).
Great job cleaning those babys up. That is a great finish, just classy!
Steve

https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B0002E26LK

Gee those isolation feet might work pretty good but boy talk about UGLY... in fact those are extremely UGLY and talk about how to ruin the beautiful retro look of a vintage kit... just add them.

I agree, they are ugly as sin, but they work really well. 

Those Gibraltar feet look great. Do they work as well as the Pearl feet?

Steve

Edited by SKSMITH, 17 June 2018 - 04:41 PM.

K.O.

K.O.

DFO Drum Lord

• Members
  • 18,444 posts
  • LocationIllinois
Never used the pearl feet so I can't say but I have the gibraltars on all my floor tom legs and they make a noticeable improvement . The bottom half of the spherical lower portion of the foot is hollow which gives it enough flex to de-couple the leg from the floor.

Edited by K.O., 17 June 2018 - 10:34 PM.

Dave H.

Dave H.

Percussionist Maximus

• Members
  • 5,260 posts
  • LocationAshmore IL.

I have both types & have to say either one works the same. I am using the Pearl ones on my Ludwig 16" X 16" & love the sound of that drum.I could care less about how they look.

Slawman

RogersLudwig

RogersLudwig

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  • LocationFort Stinkindesert, NM
Thanks for the recommendations. I’m going to try the Gibraltar ones and see how they work. I’m still waiting for the bass drum hoops. They should be shipped out by Friday, I hope.

VintageDrummer

VintageDrummer

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 3,656 posts
  • LocationTexas

beautiful kit!  I'm glad you cleaned her up!

mlucas123

mlucas123

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 823 posts

The Gibraltar iso feet aren't quite as heinous to look at and work the same wonders.

the 10.5mm size work fine on 9.5mm (3/8ths ") legs but will not fit on 12.7mm (1/2").

Yes, they will. They are rubber. They stretch.

K.O.

K.O.

DFO Drum Lord

• Members
  • 18,444 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Yes, they will. They are rubber. They stretch.

You must have stretchier ones than I do. I have never been able to get the 10.5mm ones to fit on Gretsch legs, including after taking an exacto knife and carving out the hole a bit. Gretsch puts these (or at least did) on their floor tom legs but they are a different size. I tried buying some from Gretsch and was told I could only get them by buying a set of three floor tom legs with the tips on them...for over $100. Fortunately I was able to rustle up some of the correct size from other sources. They slide right on whereas the others I could not get to work, at least not with what I considered reasonable force...but maybe there's a trick to it that I missed.

None of this applies to a round badge kit though as those legs are 3/8ths " (9.5mm) not 1/2" (12.7mm) like on modern Gretsch.

Edited by K.O., 26 June 2018 - 10:22 PM.

RogersLudwig

RogersLudwig

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

I tried them, but they are too big and fell off. However, the BD hoops should be done tomorrow. I am anxious to see how they turned out. Willie Martinez is charging $45 per hoop plus $45 for the inlays from Precision. The hoops were in pretty bad shape, so if it turns out well, i thought the price was reasonable. I will be happy. I decided to go with merlot sparkle even though they won’t be an exact match. Pictures to come as soon as they get here

Edited by RogersLudwig, 09 July 2018 - 11:49 PM.

SKSMITH

SKSMITH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSTL, MO

Sorry about the feet. I do know that the Pearl feet fit the 60's RB kit legs that I used to own.

Steve

Edited by SKSMITH, 10 July 2018 - 07:21 AM.

RogersLudwig

RogersLudwig

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

I may have to try the Pearl feet, but right now I get a big booming sound from the FT with the American Vintage heads from Aquarian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users