• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

NYFrank

NYFrank

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationNortheast U.S.

Don't you sometimes get that great feeling after having a good show?  I'm back home after a very good gig tonight, and - I'm sure feeling good.   

I wish I could gig more often.  I don't want to be in a band that is playing both nights a weekend, every weekend, but I'd love to be playing 3 or 4 times a month.  The band I'm in is going to do something closer to 1, maybe occasionally 2 a month.  Very light.

Anyway, I'm feeling the post-gig gigphoria and enjoying it.    

paul

paul

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
  • LocationLewisville, TX

I'm doing the same thing tonight. When the gig goes well and you feel good about what you and the band did it's hard to wind down, isn't it?

We ended the night three hours ago, and I've been home for an hour, and wouldn't mind jumping on my home set for a little while, but will give the neighbors a break. Maybe.

purist

purist

• Gold
  • 355 posts
  • LocationCT

I enjoy post gig euphoria after a particularly good gig as well.  Mine will often hang on through to the next day!

NYFrank

NYFrank

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationNortheast U.S.

Me, too.  I'm still enjoying the post gig vibe.  

Craving another.  

florian1

florian1

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,192 posts
  • LocationNorth Coast, OH

yup, nothing like great band synchronicity as well as crowd feedback to make for a memorable gig.

F

markrocks68

markrocks68

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 675 posts
  • LocationSun Diego CA

Yes. Same here.

It's Monday & I'm STILL smiling over Fridays exceptionally awesome gig.

All around fantastic playing/crowd/venue.

But the other gigs on Thur/Sat/Sun were awesome too.  :happy11:

Such a much better feeling than being aggravated/annoyed by some of the things that can happen at gigs.

Focusing on the good aspects is what I try to do.

Edited by markrocks68, 11 June 2018 - 01:12 PM.

JazzDrumGuy

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Potentate

• Platinum
  • 4,343 posts
  • LocationPebble Beach, CA

Good for you - yes.....but home before 10PM on gig nite???

AaronLatos

AaronLatos

spang spang a lang

• Members
  • 3,800 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Time zones! :) 

Had a really nice one this past weekend that actually ended at 9:30pm, local time.  And bartender, also a drummer, let me use his Gretsch bop kit, which was already at the venue.  No tear down... and it was at the jazz club 2 blocks from my house.  

TheBeachBoy

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire

• Platinum
  • 7,175 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

We had that Friday and Saturday. We played an annual festival, Circus Mexicus, in Rocky Point, Mex this weekend for Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers. Friday night we played after them at the bar (Banditos) across from the main stage, where most people go after since the main show goes until midnight and everyone still wants to party. I got to bed after 4am. Saturday we played at 3pm at a place called Wrecked At The Reef. It was hot and muggy, but a blast! I'm not sure how many people were at either one, but there were a lot, plus being invited to play with all the talented bands during the weekend is an honor as well.

You know you had a great show and that "gigphoria" when you can't sleep for a couple hours after you get home. You have to unwind from the adrenaline.

Bongo Brad

Bongo Brad

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

My last gig was so good the next day we were scheduling more rehearsals.

:rolleyes:

devinw

devinw

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,651 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Yeah man, I feel that! Usually I'm buzzing from a great gig and come home even late like 2AM and have to chill for an hour or so before I can sleep!

I'm in the same boat, I get worn out having to gig multiple times a week because I also have a day job, but wouldn't mind getting out there more. I'm trying though, seeing as how I am now the "gig getter" guy in the group by default :-/

DanRH

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger

• Double Platinum
  • 20,504 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Yup. Since I record all my gigs, most the time when I feel good about a show, it comes out on the recording. Sometimes though...NOT!

Hater

Hater

Genuine GMS Junkie

• Members
  • 1,958 posts
  • LocationRoseville, Minnesota

I'll be the first nay-sayer here.

No matter how well I played, no matter how well the band played as a collective, no matter how many people we played well to, I cannot wait to get home and get to bed. Hell, I have to fight to stay awake on the way home half the time!

I don't think I've ever experienced this phenomenon known as "gig-phoria".

bigbonzo

bigbonzo

Percussionist Maximus

• Members
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationNorth Coast of Ohio

^^^ You need to quit playin'....out.  Or take a break. ^^^

Edited by bigbonzo, 13 June 2018 - 02:39 PM.

NYFrank

NYFrank

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationNortheast U.S.

I'll be the first nay-sayer here.

No matter how well I played, no matter how well the band played as a collective, no matter how many people we played well to, I cannot wait to get home and get to bed. Hell, I have to fight to stay awake on the way home half the time!

I don't think I've ever experienced this phenomenon known as "gig-phoria".

I'm sorry for you.  Seriously.   

And - not even During the gig?  While playing, do you ever occasionally catch those special moments while performing - getting something that feels like chills or a powerful emotion?   

This can be a secondary topic in the thread.  The first was about the feeling you get after the gig and the next day.

This other topic can be:
Do any of you ever get a peak powerful feeling while performing?   I'm not going to say it happens often.  It doesn't for me.  It is rare.  But every once in a while, everything comes together, you can feel the love from the audience, and something very powerful comes over me while playing.  A very beautiful feeling that almost escapes words.  Almost can bring me to tears, to be honest.  

I probably TMI'd.   Does anyone ever feel something like that?  

Edited by NYFrank, 13 June 2018 - 01:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users