• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

glynch

glynch

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,140 posts
  • LocationTexarkana, TX
I'm looking for an extra base to use with my Soundseat Retrofit. The Gibraltar 9608 is plenty sturdy and it has the right diameter post but I sit pretty low so I'm concerned about the height.

It's a little confusing because when you look up just the base it says it adjusts from 20" to 28". If you look up one of the thrones that uses the 9608 base it also says it adjusts from 20" to 28".

If the 20" minimum includes the seat then that would be fine for me but if that's the minimum height of just the base then that would be too tall. I was hoping someone here owned one so they could verify the height for me.

amosguy

amosguy

DFO Potentate

• Platinum
  • 3,917 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Maybe just give a call to the store selling the throne base and ask for the height without the seat?

midnightsupperclub

midnightsupperclub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSingapore / Raleigh, NC

Glynch, I have a Gibraltar throne. It kinda looks more like the Oversized Motorcycle Throne model but with a backrest and I bought it about 10yrs ago so my exact model is probably out of production. But my base does look exactly the same as the pictures of the 9608. So with the assumption that the bases are the same.. here are some measurements.

I removed the seat and screwed the post right down to its lowest point. Measured perpendicularly from the floor to the top of the post, the height was 16".

I also put the seat back on and wound it right down to as low as it would go. From the floor to the surface of the seat, that was 20".

Hope this helps!

Edited by midnightsupperclub, 13 June 2018 - 08:23 AM.

glynch

glynch

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,140 posts
  • LocationTexarkana, TX
Thank you so much. That’s exactly what I was needing to know. Looks like it will be perfect for what I need.

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users