- - - - - custom built? or?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

donmos

donmos

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Ohio

Here's another mystery that walked in through the door at my music store. It has a small brass looking plaque over the hole that says Custom Built by Lafraz. Not sure I can figure out how to post pics here but will give it a look. It's 14 x 6 1/2, a metal ( steel ) shell 10 lug  the strainer throw off and the other end that holds the strainer attachment both appear to be Ludwig. I'd be happy for any info.Attached File  mystery1.jpg   135.94KB   0 downloadsAttached File  mystery2.jpg   137.13KB   0 downloadsAttached File  mystery3.jpg   90.76KB   0 downloads

you can email info@mossmanmusic.com if you have any info on this

thx

peace,

Don

FloydZKing

FloydZKing

fire bad!

• Members
  • 6,776 posts

It appears to be a painted Ludwig Supra-Phonic but if it's magnetic then the shell is (almost certainly) something else.  Most likely the customizer added the badge.

Mossman's Music?  As is Norwalk, OH?  As a lad I passed up the deal of a lifetime there because I had no chance of coming up with $200.  (readers), it was a Rogers 20/12/14 Mardi-Gras with beavertail lugs.  AAUUUGGGHHH!!!

Truly the one the got away...

donmos

donmos

• Members
  • 7 posts

thx   I'll check for magnetism   yep   that's us  I remember the mardi gras set  wish I'd have kept it  but who knew?

donmos

donmos

• Members
  • 7 posts

the shell is NON-magnetic

backtodrum

backtodrum

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNew mexico

Painted Supra 402...