24 replies to this topic

EvEnStEvEn

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~

• Members
  • 16,109 posts

"My Dad's an a**hole" - Kofi Baker

Shocking, right?

We needed another Ginger thread, it's been over a week!

https://www.rollings...paign=061118_11

snurf

snurf

Advanced Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationFinland

One quote: "He's even teamed up with Jack Bruce's son Malcolm and Eric Clapton's nephew Will Johns for the Music of Cream tour"

So he hates the man while playing his music and earning money on what he created....

ThomFloor

ThomFloor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Power to him. Read Ginger's book. Great drummer, awful person. His dad abandoned him over and over. 

Plenty of writers, musicians, artists were a$$holes and we play and enjoy their work. There are plenty of other cover bands, why shouldn't Kofi do it?

Monty

Monty

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 4,935 posts
I think Ginger died in 1968 right after Cream broke up. That's why they broke up and formed Blind Faith. They couldn't tell the world Ginger had died so they got a look-alike and just formed another band. After a few months of this deception, it got to Eric and he had to bow out as he hated living a lie.
Just look at pre-1968 pics of Ginger to post-1968 ones for proof.

Edited by Monty, 14 June 2018 - 04:56 AM.

Treviso1

Treviso1

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 4,172 posts
  • LocationMichigan

I think Ginger died in 1968 right after Cream broke up. That's why they broke up and formed Blind Faith. They couldn't tell the world Ginger had died so they got a look-alike and just formed another band. After a few months of this deception, it got to Eric and he had to bow out as he hated living a lie.

Monty, 

Please supply pictures to support your treatise.  Thank you, The Management!  

steambent

steambent

DFO Potentate

• Double Platinum
  • 3,265 posts
  • LocationOhio
If Kofi is what his Ginger named him that is reason enough to hate him.

Lazmo

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...

• Members
  • 1,999 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Born on Friday

TheElectricCompany

TheElectricCompany

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationHouston

Power to him. Read Ginger's book. Great drummer, awful person. His dad abandoned him over and over. 

Plenty of writers, musicians, artists were a$$holes and we play and enjoy their work. There are plenty of other cover bands, why shouldn't Kofi do it?

Ginger's dad was killed in World War Two when Ginger was only four years old, so if he believes that constitutes abandonment then Ginger is an even bigger a-hole than we're giving him credit for... Are you saying Ginger abandoned Kofi over and over?  

ThomFloor

ThomFloor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Ginger's dad was killed in World War Two when Ginger was only four years old, so if he believes that constitutes abandonment then Ginger is an even bigger a-hole than we're giving him credit for... Are you saying Ginger abandoned Kofi over and over?  

Yes Ginger's father died in the war. What I meant was Ginger abandoned Kofi and his other family members over and over, and over. Ginger's main interest was himself, and his horses. No surprise they are not talking to him. 

I do have to say, it is a spectacle of sorts to hear somebody like Ginger, who completely speaks his mind, no BS, and what they truthfully believe. But there is often delusion, and no filter, so sometimes its not pleasant.

flamthrower

flamthrower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

One quote: "He's even teamed up with Jack Bruce's son Malcolm and Eric Clapton's nephew Will Johns for the Music of Cream tour"

So he hates the man while playing his music and earning money on what he created....

Hates the man? I think you have it reversed.

DrummerJustLikeDad

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDrumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging

I don't know. I never could take Kofi with Cream.

Monty

Monty

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 4,935 posts

You win!

blueshadow

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along

• Moderators
  • 12,181 posts
  • LocationNorth of Austin, Texas

Ah beat me to the punch line :)

bellbrass

bellbrass

Percussionist Maximus

• Gold
  • 5,942 posts
  • LocationBluegrass of Kentucky
"You tend to find that many of the musicians and artists you like aren't so well-grounded as people."
Michael Stipe

BennyK

BennyK

DFO Drum Lord

• Members
  • 13,274 posts

well grounded people are too clever to get tangled up in the music business and are usually lousy musicians . However ,not all who wander are lost .

Edited by BennyK, 14 June 2018 - 01:46 PM.

ThomFloor

ThomFloor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Hmmmm ....Lots of grounded people in music. Its not a huge descent into booze, drugs and debauchery for all......Paul Rodgers, Bill Bruford, John Fogerty.....

BennyK

BennyK

DFO Drum Lord

• Members
  • 13,274 posts

I can only speak of those I have personally been involved with , my experience as a bar player for over thirty years .

GeneZ

GeneZ

DFO Potentate

• Gold
  • 4,275 posts
  • LocationGrew up in NY.. now, Georgia

and...  Bernard Purdy did all the new Ginger tracks.

GeneZ

GeneZ

DFO Potentate

• Gold
  • 4,275 posts
  • LocationGrew up in NY.. now, Georgia

Ginger's therapist once recommended that Ginger (after leaving Cream) take a stress-less gig to help recover his frazzled nerves. 

One option was to reform the band "Bread" and give Ginger top billing...   

snurf

snurf

Advanced Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationFinland

Ah beat me to the punch line :)

I thought to have Cream dekofinated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users