• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

dtk

dtk

Percussionist Maximus

• Gold
  • 7,403 posts
  • LocationNeedham MA...

I have an Alesis Sample Pad Pro...and enjoy messing with it...never did a show with it.  

Anyway I saw a drummer using a Roland pad live and messing with the on board delay in really time on some dub music (which I'd like to be doing a little of) and thought...maybe I need to think of up grading.

I once got to help an acquantance find his way thru the Roland manual (not easy)...

curious what people are using...and why.

PS-If I recall the Roland will also let you create a loop from samples ... where as the Alesis only let's you loop a sample.

Thanks

dtk

electrodrummer

electrodrummer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLondon

The DTX Multi12 will let you loop samples.

Here's the basic difference

- the DTX Multi12 is a full DTX700ish drum kit module with some pads stuck on it.

- the SPDsx is a sampler with some pads stuck on it.

So it depends on what you want to do.

The ultimate, most flexible, offering is a DTX Mutlti12 with a Roland TM-2 MIDI'ed to it.  (This is still cheaper than an SPDsx).

dtk

dtk

Percussionist Maximus

• Gold
  • 7,403 posts
  • LocationNeedham MA...

So the Yamaha DTX is not a sampler?  but you can buy the TM and get it to be one...intersting/thx

and cuz I'm curious what do you run?

The DTX Multi12 will let you loop samples.

Here's the basic difference

- the DTX Multi12 is a full DTX700ish drum kit module with some pads stuck on it.

- the SPDsx is a sampler with some pads stuck on it.

So it depends on what you want to do.

The ultimate, most flexible, offering is a DTX Mutlti12 with a Roland TM-2 MIDI'ed to it.  (This is still cheaper than an SPDsx).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users