2 replies to this topic

markrocks68

markrocks68

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 747 posts
  • LocationSun Diego CA

Happy Friday Drummer Friends!

My swing/jazz band will be playing a great outdoor summer concert tonight at Old Trolley Barn Park in the University Heights neighborhood of San Diego from 6-8 pm. We play music from the Great American Songbook covering everyone from Bobby Darin to Ella Fitzgerald to Frank Sinatra.

I'll be playing the oldest kit from my collection: A 1947 WFL Big Time Outfit 26/16/13/14 and that pretty lady (aka my wife) will be singing the tunes as well.

It's a FREE FAMILY FRIENDLY event so if your in SoCal & in Sun Diego, C'mon out & say HELLO to the drummer!

Here's a link to the event as well:

http://www.uhcdc.org/whatsNew.html

Have a great weekend all!

Mark

Attached Files

Edited by markrocks68, 06 July 2018 - 10:27 AM.

Tigerdrummer

Tigerdrummer

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationOhio

sounds great. wish I was in SD to see/ hear.  All good artists but BD is a favorite.  Had he not died so young I really think he would have had a huge career (wasnt a bad one anyway).  I am still amazed an actor could take on his vocals in a bio pic and do such a great job. It is very distressing to now know know of his (KS) other behavior. I have a big interest in Brill Building related stuff from the BD era.  Some amazing stories and careers there

markrocks68

markrocks68

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 747 posts
  • LocationSun Diego CA

sounds great. wish I was in SD to see/ hear.  All good artists but BD is a favorite.  Had he not died so young I really think he would have had a huge career (wasnt a bad one anyway).  I am still amazed an actor could take on his vocals in a bio pic and do such a great job. It is very distressing to now know know of his (KS) other behavior. I have a big interest in Brill Building related stuff from the BD era.  Some amazing stories and careers there

Bobby is a fav of my wife (the singer). From her I have grown to really appreciate that mans music.

Yes agree, KS did an incredible job in that movie. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WFL, Ludwig, San Diego, Summer, Live music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users