- - - - - RACKS GIBRALTAR TUBES

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

wompusderg

wompusderg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Locationearth

having trust issues, i set out to verify if 1.25" i.d. emt conduit had wall thickness issues in a drum rack set up. it does not. i'm guessing the nay sayer worked for a music gear supplier or even gibraltar itself.  the wall thickness of 1.25" i.d. emt tube provides an o.d. of 1.50". it's basically flat finish gibraltar tubing. here's the point... gibraltar rack tubing is anywhere from .75 cents to .90 cents an inch. 10 feet of 1.25" emt tubing is $17.00 at a big box home store, pick one. you can pick up a manual conduit bender on line, used, from 25 to 80 bucks. with the bender?  you can do pretzel tubes if you like. attached is a pic of my no leg snare stand with emt tubing. i gave the snare set up an overly aggressive pounding. NOTHING MOVED.

Attached Files

Tmcfour

Tmcfour

Advanced Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
Nice!

Mongrel

Mongrel

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey, USA
So I'm not the only one? Lol..

Galvanized fence tubing same stuff....and they usually won't miss a peice here and there! Har-har

blueshadow

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along

• Moderators
  • 12,240 posts
  • LocationNorth of Austin, Texas

Used to be a guy in San Antonio 20 plus years ago that was doing wooden rack "tubes"  they looked great but were heavy and I'd imagine would start to scratch up once moved around much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users