• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

rhythmace

rhythmace

Rhythmace

• Gold
  • 10,619 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Texas

So Karen and I drove from Houston to East Meadow New York for her class reunion. Saw Graceland, Monticello, Smithsonian and drove down into Manhattan. What is the deal with all of these truck drivers blocking the Interstates? They drive right next to each other and back up traffic. Virginia is beautiful and I love the people. Elvis had a ton of vehicles. Wanted to stop into Forks but it didn't work out. Was too late going and the traffic too bad coming back. That New Jersey Turnpike has great Rest Stops regularly. That's a hell of a bridge in Baltimore. The waves at Jones Beach are much bigger than Galveston. I got hammered by a wave and lost my new sunglasses. There is a big debate on why New York has the best pizza crust. "Cousin Brucie" says it's the water. A pizza place said it was because they age the dough for 3 days. A turd at a Manhattan parking lot tried to rip of off quoting $80.00 for 2 hours. Houston driving prepared me for the crazy driving with the taxi cabs. I related. Those people protesting in front of the White House seem mentally challenged in person. Just saying. That reflecting pool in front of the Washington Monument must be 900 yards long. We did walk all the way to the Lincoln Memorial. Young people fly by you in these electric scooters. Holiday Inn Express are good hotels with a nice free breakfast. We stayed in one outside of Little Rock though that was right on the Interstate and the traffic noise kept me awake. I picked out several CDs for the trip but listened to Sirius XM all of the time. Ace

P.S. Glynch, we went through Texarkana and ate at a great Mexican Restaurant on State Line Avenue. 

Edited by rhythmace, 12 August 2018 - 08:58 PM.

fishaa

fishaa

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 565 posts
What NYC pizza did you find the best??

Nacci

Nacci

Advanced Forum Guru

• Double Platinum
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationRoxbury, NH.

It is called a running road block and they do it because the don't give a f***, they live on the road, it is their living room. Great post by they way, I am a family man now and rarely leave my spread but in my youth I lived for road trips., I probably have 100,000 miles on a motorcycle all over this country, Canada, Alaska and Mexico and there is not a slice of pizza to be found better that New York, Connecticut can be good if you like the Greeks, New Hampshire is a sad pizza desert.  I clearly remember my Uncle and I riding into DC on bikes and not being able to find a parking spot, pulling behind some Jersey Barriers and parking real quick to go see the Lincoln Memorial and coming back to find an Officer with his hand on his gun who put us on our stomachs and threatened us with a little sleepover in a DC jail for some manner of national security violation.  All in all this land is crazy from bow to stern.  Stark memories, the Great Plains though the Dakotas, Death Valley, Red Lodge in Montana, Navaho Tacos in Tuba City Arizona...Winter in Estes Park Colorado once the tourists have left.  Man, I miss road trips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users