Photo

How does turquoise sparkle look under stage lighting?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

spctomlin

spctomlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationDFW
I have a bare shell Ludwig 6 ply kit I’m planning on wrapping. I need something on the showy side and figured silver sparkle would be a good choice as it’s a classic finish and will take on the color of whatever lighting is hitting it, making it something of a chameleon on stage. But SS is everywhere and I’d like to do something slightly out of the ordinary and every time I see a picture of a turquoise sparkle kit I like it a little more. It seems like it’s a light enough color that it might just do the chameleon thing under stage lights, too. Am I right?

idrum4fun

idrum4fun

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
  • Locationsouthern California

If you're talking Glass Glitter vs. Sparkle, I would think that Turquoise Glass Glitter would look stunning under stage lights! Here are two snare drums I have, both wrapped in glass glitter, not sparkle.

-Mark

Attached Files

spctomlin

spctomlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationDFW
Well, as much as I like glass glitter it’s gonna get pretty expensive to do a 10/12/13/16/24 kit (classic depths). The pictures of Jammin Sam’s turquoise sparkle look great to me.

Rich K.

Rich K.

Drummer Excelsior

• Platinum
  • 9,976 posts
  • LocationSavannah, GA
My turquoise glitters look pretty awesome on stage. This picture is of one of my students using my set at our recotal.

Attached Files

spctomlin

spctomlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationDFW
^^^
Nice lookin’ kit!

DanRH

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger

• Double Platinum
  • 20,708 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Pretty awesome...Real old picture BTW. It was a DIY kit. Offset lugs...ugg! What was I thinkin'?

Attached Files

paul

paul

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,387 posts
  • LocationLewisville, TX

I've been playing turquoise sparkle since 2001, and have never tired of the color or found stage lights where they don't look terrific, even green. I get compliments on their look on a regular basis. They've been regularly gigged with good bags, and still look great, IMO.

Attached Files

Rich K.

Rich K.

Drummer Excelsior

• Platinum
  • 9,976 posts
  • LocationSavannah, GA

^^^
Nice lookin’ kit!

Before a gig recently two people were standing in front of my set. I asked what was up and one asked if it would be ok if she took a picture as it was the prettiest set she had ever seen. She wasn't a drummer.

spctomlin

spctomlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationDFW

I've been playing turquoise sparkle since 2001, and have never tired of the color or found stage lights where they don't look terrific, even green. I get compliments on their look on a regular basis. They've been regularly gigged with good bags, and still look great, IMO.

Excellent info and thanks for the input. Beautiful kit, too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users