Photo

Manufacturer for these 6 sided / Hex - floor tom legs?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Tama CW

Tama CW

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSE Connecticut

I got these in a box of mostly Tama drum parts.  At first I figured something in the Granstar era.  But they don't match up to anything I ran across.  Granstars are round too.  

6 sided - 5 mm wide on each side - approx 9 mm across - 17" tall - steel or nickel - 3 circumferential design cuts at the top - no knurling.  Fairly hefty such that they don't seem cheap.  One would think it's more costly to make this style vs. round ones.  Never seen square/hex before.

Attached Files

Edited by Tama CW, 15 September 2018 - 08:46 AM.

nopork

nopork

• Double Platinum
  • 345 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Look like Rogers items to me.

Tama CW

Tama CW

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSE Connecticut

Look like Rogers items to me.

Thanks Nopork.  That's one name I wouldn't have thought of trying.    Googled it and this set on Reverb popped right up.    

https://reverb.com/i...-floor-tom-legs

And this set listed right here.   Small world.  

http://www.drumforum...gs-3-6500-ship/

Edited by Tama CW, 15 September 2018 - 08:47 AM.

spelman

spelman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSweden
So the Rogers are hex and yours are five-sided?

moodman

moodman

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationQuityerbitchin, USA
Rogers are 6 sided. I regularly broke keys when I played my Memorilocs, the leg mounting bracket ate them up.

Tama CW

Tama CW

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSE Connecticut

So the Rogers are hex and yours are five-sided?

Sorry.  The eye sight just isn't what it used to be....lol.   I checked them twice yesterday and I "thought" they had 5 sides.  So much for close up vision.  

Just checked again, real close up.....they are definitely hex.   My bad for stating 5 sided.    So they are probably Swivomatic era Rogers.   Thanks for the help.   Went back and edited out the "5" sided to avoid further confusion for those reading this thread today. 

Edited by Tama CW, 15 September 2018 - 08:48 AM.

JDA

JDA

Drummer Excelsior

• Members
  • 9,804 posts
  • LocationJeannette, Pa.

"Raise the price

Tama CW

Tama CW

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSE Connecticut

"Raise the price

I got the floor tom legs in this misc lot and was more interested in the Tama hi hat and snare stand items and the 3 pinstripes which I could immediately use.   $67 delivered.   I figured the floor tom legs at $10-$15/set whatever they might be.  Didn't expect them to be the best item in this lot.  Tossed an old C cell battery in the metronome and it fired right up....looks like something from the 90's or 80's.   I was actually surprised there was nothing wrong with the snare stand...works perfectly...no obvious rust.   So this adventure will turn out fine. 

Attached Files

Edited by Tama CW, 16 September 2018 - 01:07 PM.

DWSlingerland45

DWSlingerland45

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,248 posts
  • LocationMount Holly New Jersey
Quite a little score you've got there. Well done!

Tama CW

Tama CW

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSE Connecticut

A friend of mine ran across this today.  $45.   Appears Ludwig - no information from seller on this photo other than a wrapped snare drum 'from the 70's.'  Almost looks like a Ludwig 14x10 or 14x12 marching drum from 70's or 80's.   Hard to tell depth from the one photo.   But the super-sensitive hardware and top muffler would suggest more of a kit/concert snare drum.   I told my friend it looks to have no downside...and plenty of potential upside.   10 lug snare drum with that hardware?  What's to lose?  

Attached Files

Edited by Tama CW, 16 September 2018 - 02:12 PM.

Joe61

Joe61

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Locationtecumseh mi

I got these in a box of mostly Tama drum parts.  At first I figured something in the Granstar era.  But they don't match up to anything I ran across.  Granstars are round too.  

6 sided - 5 mm wide on each side - approx 9 mm across - 17" tall - steel or nickel - 3 circumferential design cuts at the top - no knurling.  Fairly hefty such that they don't seem cheap.  One would think it's more costly to make this style vs. round ones.  Never seen square/hex before.

Rogers, I concur. They look just like the ones on my floor tom.

TheElectricCompany

TheElectricCompany

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • LocationHouston

A friend of mine ran across this today.  $45.   Appears Ludwig - no information from seller on this photo other than a wrapped snare drum 'from the 70's.'  Almost looks like a Ludwig 14x10 or 14x12 marching drum from 70's or 80's.   Hard to tell depth from the one photo.   But the super-sensitive hardware and top muffler would suggest more of a kit/concert snare drum.   I told my friend it looks to have no downside...and plenty of potential upside.   10 lug snare drum with that hardware?  What's to lose?  

That's not a Ludwig.  Those are knockoff Ludwig lugs and a 14-inch tom from the '70s would have six lugs, not ten.  A field drum might have eight but they'd be minis.  That's not a Ludwig muffler and that's not a super sensitive mechanism.

However! If you're not concerned with it being an actual Ludwig there's probably no downside at that price.  Just another drum for the collection in the end.

Edited by TheElectricCompany, 17 September 2018 - 07:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users