• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

repete

repete

This one goes to eleven

• Members
  • 4,369 posts
  • Locationsouth florida
Is anyone using one for this? Any issues? I have a similar set up on my Tempus kit and want to try it on my CM kit but don’t dare drill it.

Radio King

Radio King

Advanced Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationVA Beach

I tried it on a Legacy set, and didn't care much for it. Too much lateral sway, even with a long knurled rod going through both front and back brackets.

ThomFloor

ThomFloor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

DW makes a nice bass drum cymbal mount.

Pearl too.  They are of course never as solid as a cymbal stand but I think a weight saver if you want to lose a stand in the old hardware bag.

Edited by ThomFloor, 15 September 2018 - 06:37 PM.

MLayton

MLayton

Night Creature

• Double Platinum
  • 31,348 posts

I've used one on a 20" bass drum that had no cymbal mount. Worked really nice.

Mike

repete

repete

This one goes to eleven

• Members
  • 4,369 posts
  • Locationsouth florida

DW makes a nice bass drum cymbal mount.
https://www.youtube....h?v=enYr7_PwULw
Pearl too. They are of course never as solid as a cymbal stand but I think a weight saver if you want to lose a stand in the old hardware bag.

I try to keep swapping hardware between kits to a minimum
If I put an Atlas mount on the Ludwig it would be one less thing to swap out. I’m definitely not drilling into the Ludwig

Blisco

Blisco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay

Works great. No issues after 4+ years and hundreds of gigs. I use a 20 K Custom Dry ride (which is pretty heavy) and it sits just fine. A 21 RBDR works too.

MvYIiDQ.jpg?1

Edited by Blisco, 15 September 2018 - 08:02 PM.

TheBeachBoy

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire

• Platinum
  • 7,298 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

I've had no problems so far. If the rubber grommet piece fails, I'll end up getting an Inde mount, but for now I don't see any issues.

I got three a few years ago when Guitar Center had the price listed incorrectly ($4.95 instead of $49.95). I would have bought more but that's all that location had. I use the other two as tom mounts.

Attached Files

Edited by TheBeachBoy, 16 September 2018 - 01:00 PM.

repete

repete

This one goes to eleven

• Members
  • 4,369 posts
  • Locationsouth florida
Picked one up at Sam Ash and installed it. Not a fan. Waaaay to much play in motion from the stress of the boom and cymbal and the DW post doesn’t slide in very easily.

Radio King

Radio King

Advanced Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationVA Beach

Picked one up at Sam Ash and installed it. Not a fan. Waaaay to much play in motion from the stress of the boom and cymbal and the DW post doesn’t slide in very easily.

My findings exactly. I had high hopes, but it's just too much sway, and it alarmed me to think about what all that motion might eventually do to the bass drum shell.

mandrum

mandrum

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Locationct.

I have no issues with it for 2 years  .  It holds up fine during actual playing, the sway is only if you grab it and rock it on purpose and it does not rock at the shell attachment it rocks at the bracket pins which are meant to move..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users