13 replies to this topic

Artpop

Artpop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationChicago
I know it's a longshot, but what the heck.

Looking for a Rogers R360 "Twister" kit (with 18" kick drum), preferably in wine red ripple.

For gigging, so condition not the most important.

rondrums51

rondrums51

rondrums51

• Members
  • 4,118 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Florida
That's freaky! Rail mount holder and flat base stands. Truly unusual. I thought I knew all about the 80's low end Rogers, but I never saw that one.

The 80's Rogers 360's were made by Yamaha. The shells were the usual luan, not great wood, but the drums were pretty well made for the price.

Your chances of finding one of those are about one in a billion. But you never know....

nad_reese

nad_reese

Drum Czar

• Platinum
  • 2,275 posts
  • LocationCowtown, O-High-O

That's freaky! Rail mount holder and flat base stands. Truly unusual. I thought I knew all about the 80's low end Rogers, but I never saw that one.

The 80's Rogers 360's were made by Yamaha. The shells were the usual luan, not great wood, but the drums were pretty well made for the price.

Your chances of finding one of those are about one in a billion. But you never know....

A little late on the trigger, but this needs rectified. There is great confusion about the 360/380 series drums from Rogers. The drums on the catalog sheet are not from the 80's . . . they are from the late 60's / early 70's. They were made by Yamaha in Japan and were actually pretty good drums . . . they have the oval badge. I believe the shells were birch. I have had a couple of these kits and they are not the standard “Asian Firewood” vertical grain mahogany.

The ones from the 80's were made in Taiwan by Joe Chen Percussion . . . they have the rectangular badge and they were pretty much junk . . . oops, I’ll probably upset someone by calling them that, so forgive me, but that is my opinion of them. . . they are super low-end . . . is that better . . . NAD :cool:

DanC

DanC

Lord Vader, the drums are aboard and your cruiser awaits.

• Members
  • 11,195 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida, behind a Rogers kit
I agree.....

buddman1955

buddman1955

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey
I had a set of Rogers R 360's from the late 60's early 70's. They did sound decent. I have heard they were Yamaha shells. From what I remember, the seams of the shells were angled and they were painted gray inside.They had numbers stamped in them, which I believe were date stamps. The lug design was similar to Ludwig's. In fact, I believe you can put Ludwig classic lugs on them because the hole spacing is the same.

Edited by buddman1955, 16 January 2010 - 07:51 AM.

cn679

cn679

• Members
  • 5 posts
There is a drum shop in Portland that has these, or, at least had them as of a month or so ago.

mlayton

mlayton

Team Dfo

• Administrators
  • 25,030 posts

There is a drum shop in Portland that has these, or, at least had them as of a month or so ago.

welcome cn. thanks for chiming in! :icon_smile:

mike

komodobob

komodobob

Advanced Forum Guru

• Double Platinum
  • 1,662 posts
  • LocationPainted Post, N.Y.

Portland Me. or Portland Or.?

cn679

cn679

• Members
  • 5 posts

Portland Me. or Portland Or.?

Portland, OR. I saw it at Revival Drum Shop. I think it had the original snare, too. Google them and give 'em a call. From what I've seen, these are RARE!

Hans2112

Hans2112

• Members
  • 317 posts
There is a 360 Kit F/S on St. Louis craigslist. The guy would probably take 75 bucks been on there for months.

Elvis

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll

• Members
  • 6,887 posts
  • LocationPoulsbo, Wa.
Hey Art,

You ever find your Twister?

I had one back in the 80's.
Not a bad little kit. Wish I'd kept it and fixed it up. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Elvis

drumsnstuff

drumsnstuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Locationchicago,IL
Just in case you never found one here ya go!

http://chicago.craig...3648719289.html

Attached File  rogers.jpg   48.65KB   7 downloads

Elvis

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll

• Members
  • 6,887 posts
  • LocationPoulsbo, Wa.
Right era. Right series. Wrong model.
That's not a Twister. That's a Rock Solid.
Rock Solid used larger shells - 20/12/16 and it should have a chrome steel 14x5 snare drum.
That kit seems to be in pretty good condition, though.
Someone's gonna end up with a nice kit.

drumsforever

drumsforever

Drumsforever

• Members
  • 10,335 posts
  • LocationButler County, OH 45011

Just in case you never found one here ya go!

http://chicago.craig...3648719289.html

Attached File  rogers.jpg   48.65KB   7 downloads

Is this your kit? That is really nice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users