slingerland

slingerland

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationChicago
I might be considering selling one of my prized possessions, due to personal
financial problems. For staters I thought I would at least see if their is
some interest. its a 1970's Fibes (Fiberglass)over steel chrome shell.
American made in Pa...as you know Fibes is not making drums right now, this is a
rare set, signature series limited production, has a gold plated Plaque on top
of the bass identifying it. Their are only 2 Fibes on ebay right now, one is asking
2K (and the finish is flaking off) the other is 1K and it has no snare and is only
3 drums, my set is 22" bass/ chrome snare/12/13/16 toms, and drums are in excellant
cond. I have not taken any pics yet, as I'm in the process of cleaning the entire
set right down to the tension rods. for serious inquires, go here for quick repsonse

turbomang@aol.com

slingerland

slingerland

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationChicago

American made in Pa...as you know Fibes is not making drums right now, this is a
of the bass identifying it. Their are only 2 Fibes on ebay right now, one is asking
2K (and the finish is flaking off) the other is 1K and it has no snare and is only
3 drums, my set is 22" bass/ chrome snare/12/13/16 toms, and drums are in excellant
cond. I have not taken any pics yet, as I'm in the process of cleaning the entire
set right down to the tension rods. for serious inquires, go here for quick repsonse

turbomang@aol.com

Just got this message from a fellow member on another vintage forum,looks like
I won't be selling anytime soon

"Hey Slingerland, I collect Fibes drums, its a passion of mine, I stared around 20
years ago, when I got tired of seeing all the crap these othes companies were
putting out, after I played a set, I knew I would never find drums made like this
again, nothing sounds like Fibes, they are cannons. Anyway, I have a set similiar
to yours, the gold plaque you have is a limited prodction set, I would sell my
children before I considered selling that set. Pack it away, and in 20 years
it will pay for someone's college education!!! Fibes may be back in production soon
the husband and wife (owners) are going through a divorce and when things settle
down they make start up again, Hope that helps!!!!"

Lee

Lee

Drum Czar

• Platinum
  • 2,561 posts

turbomang@aol.com

Just got this message from a fellow member on another vintage forum,looks like
I won't be selling anytime soon

"Hey Slingerland, I collect Fibes drums, its a passion of mine, I stared around 20
years ago, when I got tired of seeing all the crap these othes companies were
putting out, after I played a set, I knew I would never find drums made like this
again, nothing sounds like Fibes, they are cannons. Anyway, I have a set similiar
to yours, the gold plaque you have is a limited prodction set, I would sell my
children before I considered selling that set. Pack it away, and in 20 years
it will pay for someone's college education!!! Fibes may be back in production soon
the husband and wife (owners) are going through a divorce and when things settle
down they make start up again, Hope that helps!!!!"

It appears, at least to me (and this is ALL speculation on anyone's part) that the desirable and more coveted Fibes are the jasper shelled kits and singles, versus the fiberglass or acrylic ones, but hey, what do I know? I own Sonor, Gretsch and DW.

tillerva

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p

• Members
  • 3,192 posts
I would agree with Lee, I'd like to think that my Fibes will put someone through college, but I'm certainly not banking on it. There is absolutely no way to tell how well they will appreciate.

At any rate, good luck to you man!

Edited by tillerva, 25 February 2010 - 10:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users