• 2,053 posts
Need Info. Model? Worth? Magnet sticks to it

drumsforever

drumsforever

Drumsforever

• Members
  • 10,497 posts
  • LocationButler County, OH 45011
Not sure about the model but if it is copper plated I have seen them retail for about one hundred and if nickel plated about fifty. Yours looks fairly rust free. I believe that model is from the 1950's or early 1960's. I am sure someone here has that one in a catalog to let you know the model.

KINGTRIXON

KINGTRIXON

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, Maryland
I have sold or handled about 30 to 40 of these Ludwig golden-tone cowbells, and every single one was made out of steel. They came finished in gold, copper, nickel, and chrome. Paiste did not make these bells.

Blkonyx

Blkonyx

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,053 posts
So, this is a Gold Tone Cowbell?

mlayton

mlayton

Team Dfo

• Administrators
  • 26,089 posts
ryan

are you getting pm's yet? if so, pm me...

mike

GrandpaCleve

GrandpaCleve

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 887 posts
Swiss

Edited by GrandpaCleve, 30 May 2011 - 08:43 AM.

mlayton

mlayton

Team Dfo

• Administrators
  • 26,089 posts
wow.....gramps venturing out of the rogers empire.....what is happening?? :wink:

mike

Blkonyx

Blkonyx

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,053 posts

Swiss made:[attachment=80985:Ludwig Paiste.jpg]

Gary, No need to bully the one in question with the more powerful, heavier and better looking older sister Posted Image

Mart

Mart

Advanced Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationTulsa Ok
So,, does this mean the Clear Tone is the Paiste bell and the Golden is the "Ludwig Chicago" bell??

mlayton

mlayton

Team Dfo

• Administrators
  • 26,089 posts
ive chimed in on this alot. and it seems it gets more confusing each tme we post. but, i can say this without a doubt, the bronze looking ludwig bell is THE honky tonk woman bell, no if ,ands or buts about it. and if it sound that we care about, that should be what matters right? maybe so or maybe not. my silver one doesnt sound good and you dont see me selling it! :blackeye:

mike

Mart

Mart

Advanced Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationTulsa Ok

ive chimed in on this alot. and it seems it gets more confusing each tme we post. but, i can say this without a doubt, the bronze looking ludwig bell is THE honky tonk woman bell, no if ,ands or buts about it. and if it sound that we care about, that should be what matters right? maybe so or maybe not. my silver one doesnt sound good and you dont see me selling it! :blackeye:

mike

Ok then, that's all I need to know... :-D

mlayton

mlayton

Team Dfo

• Administrators
  • 26,089 posts
i hope that didnt come over sarcastic or know it all,seriously. but my bronze or copper or gold looking one just blows the silver one away. forum members poot and monkeygrass have both played mine if they recall. it is the sound youre looking for in a cowbell, at least to my ears...

mike

GrandpaCleve

GrandpaCleve

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 887 posts
hehe...I stare at that swiss made everyday. It is in the corner of my desk. Showed up with an old red Rogers set with wonderbar and original heads. Couldn't say no. Dont' mean to hyjack but here is a pic. It's all about the bells, whistles and kazoos! Peace, Gary

vintagemore2000

vintagemore2000

Percussionist Maximus

• Members
  • 7,010 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

hehe...I stare at that swiss made everyday. It is in the corner of my desk. Showed up with an old red Rogers set with wonderbar and original heads. Couldn't say no. Dont' mean to hyjack but here is a pic. It's all about the bells, whistles and kazoos! Peace, Gary

Gary, that is Indeed one nice pic sir!!! and Mike thanks for clearing this up, that's why I've never gotten one myself!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users