dtk

DFO Potentate

• Silver
  • 4,926 posts
  • Locationneedham ma
1) How good are these pedal really, if you find one complete
2) How much are they really worth?
3) Anyone got parts?
Maybe 6 months ago I got one with a broken part (didn't know it at the time, lot...)...I just saw a complete one for $60 that looks complete and I can look it over before I buy...not sure i need it...

Thanks
dtk

Robinsky

Robinsky

Drum Czar

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationBangor, N. Ireland
I had one for a short time. I sold it for £30 - about $50. The rubber "spring" can get noisy/squeeky. I had a replacement one but they may be hard to find now. Mine also had an issue with connecting to the bass drum hoop, but that may have been just a one off problem. Overall a very good pedal if it comes with spare rubber connectors.

davidh

davidh

Advanced Member

• Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationUK
lots of spares available right now on ebay
http://musical-instr...d=p3286.c0.m282
i have one and quite like it

Capt.Wierd

Capt.Wierd

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationLaVale, Maryland

lots of spares available right now on ebay
http://musical-instr...d=p3286.c0.m282
i have one and quite like it

David, better than the 252? I would rather have that than the 300, just something about a rubber spring

davidh

davidh

Advanced Member

• Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationUK
Never liked the 252 - too massive and clunky. My ultra fave is the Premier 250 ( not the later 250s ). But the EDP300 is light and very very nice to play and I have never had a problem with the rubber spring... but I am not heavy on pedals. I got enough 250 pedals for a lifetime usually under $10... and a EDP300 (plus spare springs and a metal spring converter) for the occasional change

Edited by davidh, 04 December 2010 - 08:56 AM.

Capt.Wierd

Capt.Wierd

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationLaVale, Maryland

Never liked the 252 - too massive and clunky. My ultra fave is the Premier 250 ( not this later one ). But the EDP300 is light and very very nice to play and I have never had a problem with the rubber spring... but I am not heavy on pedals. I got enough 250s for a lifetime very cheap... and a EDP300 (plus spare springs) for the occasional change

Yepper,the 252, It's a massive beast, I also like the 250 and 250s, even like the late 40s Swingster, a leftover from the late 30s, almost like the 250 but bare metal plate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users