2 replies to this topic

Chonson

Chonson

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Hi all,

Continuing to work on restoring the 20s Black Beauty and it's going well. Unfortunately, as I've gotten farther along on the strainer, it's clear that the strainer butt has corroded to the point that it's not going to be possible to restore. The metal has cracked in a couple of places and the screws and threads have also corroded to the point of not being able to work.

So, I'm casting on to plan B, which is either a working part from the era that I could replate copper and lacquer, or find a source of reproduction parts. I basically am looking for the butt end of a P338 strainer - the mounting screws, nuts and washers; the steel butt itself; the brass bar that screws down and the two screws that tighten the brass bar down.

I tried contacting Adrian Kirchler but haven't gotten a reply. It's possible he's busy but I'm also wondering if my emails are making it there.

Anyone have any ideas I should check out? I would appreciate any suggestions that might be out there.

MLayton

MLayton

Night Creature

• Double Platinum
  • 31,130 posts
contact mike curotto here through the forum. i think mike normally has those parts on hand.

curotto is his forum name. ive got to get with him myself as i need some p338 help on my early 20's 5x14. good luck!

mike

Rich K.

Rich K.

Drummer Excelsior

• Platinum
  • 9,745 posts
  • LocationSavannah, GA
If you search eBay for Leedy, completed items. There is an unsold Leedy gold plated butt. I'm pretty sure it is identical to the Ludwig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users