1 reply to this topic

TommyWells

TommyWells

Pro/Founder

• Members
  • 7,805 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tn.
CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! (Ok. Just venting.)

How often could this happen in a lifetime? I turned down 2 weeks in Japan with Larry Carlton. They leave Wednesday. No problem learning the stuff. But, do I want to cancel work with 4 different producers that are my "bread and butter" guys, on that short notice and leave them scrambling? I had to think about my life AFTER the 2 weeks of touring.

And the opportunity to go to Japan and play when you could actually do some good beyond the music. Maybe actually give some people a couple of hours of escape when they might need it? Oh well. This is a normal tour supporting Larry's new CD, but still.

Just thought I would share with my DFO Brothers and Sisters.

Drumstyx7a

Drumstyx7a

Team DFO

• Members
  • 10,849 posts
  • LocationGreenville, Texas, United States
Tommy,

What a serious bummer. Carlton is one of my faves. Haven't you done a gig with him just recently? Also in Japan? I remember something along that line. Was listening to Carlton the other day on a drive and was just imagining what it would be like to be working with him. I thought to myself, "Oh well, I guess I can live vicariously through Tommy!" :rolleyes:

But I think that you made the right move. I mean it's your business and you have to do what will keep you going.

Doesn't mean you have to like it though!!! Posted Image

Robb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users