• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

tgregorek

tgregorek

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationDowntown Indy
OK, I'm thinking about recovering some shells to match my Copper Slingerlands. I have sheet copper but I was wondering what the clear coat was that kept them from oxidizing. I'm assuming a clear lacquer of some sort. I was wondering if a clear polyurethane might be better. I found a 6" bongo I'm going to start with. any suggestions?

vintagemore2000

vintagemore2000

Drummer Excelsior

• Members
  • 7,500 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina
Let me answer you with a question. have you ever removed this warp before?

tgregorek

tgregorek

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationDowntown Indy
UMMM I'm not sure what your getting at? I don't want to remove the copper I want to rewrap a clean shell to match the copper.

vintagemore2000

vintagemore2000

Drummer Excelsior

• Members
  • 7,500 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

UMMM I'm not sure what your getting at? I don't want to remove the copper I want to rewrap a clean shell to match the copper.

Ok cool! I wasn't sure what you meant either, send a pm to Jr fronds he could probably answer this question

tgregorek

tgregorek

Advanced Snr. Member

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationDowntown Indy
My buddy told me a clear Lacquer spray would do it. I've got a 6" bongo I'm going to try and see how it looks. I wan't a 10" to match my set. their real hard to find in copper. If the 6" works out I'll find a 10" and recover it.

vintagemore2000

vintagemore2000

Drummer Excelsior

• Members
  • 7,500 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina
Looking forward to the end results, I just stripped a supra shell down to bare metal, I'm going to clear coat it with spray clear lacquer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users