• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

DanRH

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger

• Platinum
  • 15,495 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area
69Oysterblue asked if I would post my plans for my riser. It's a fun little project. I think I paid about a hundie for the materials. I got it from this web site. I stole the idea and expounded on it. Note, example three where it tells you to hinge the top two plywood pieces, I did not do this. I attached blocks of wood to lock the top pieces in. See pictures.

Here's the plans;
http://homepage.mac....iser-plans.html

Edited by DanRH, 03 August 2011 - 08:48 PM.

drumaniac

drumaniac

Drummer Excelsior

• Members
  • 8,408 posts
  • LocationCanada
good stuff Dan thanks for sharing the info

mcjaco

mcjaco

Forum Guru

• Members
  • 1,091 posts
  • LocationVernon Hills, IL
Awesome. And easy to do with minimal tools.

Thanks Dan!

xsabers

xsabers

Percussionist Maximus

• Members
  • 5,094 posts
Have you sold it yet? :blackeye:

cworrick

cworrick

Remembering Bunnyman!

• Platinum
  • 3,910 posts
  • LocationNortheast Indiana
Dan
I see why you added the blocks to lock underneath.
I RECOMMEND EVERYONE DO THIS. B)

It would kill the night to be rockin away and have the top shift on you and fall in.

:bunny:

xsabers

xsabers

Percussionist Maximus

• Members
  • 5,094 posts
I was fortunate to find three choir risers at an old church building that had been converted to a private high school. They were stacked in the back of the baptismal and the school was about to put up drywall to seal the viewing portal creating a solid wall. I pointed out that there was no way to remove them once the portal was sealed and they told me if I wanted them to get them out before the work started. They are super solid and a bit heavy, but they fit perfectly in the bed of my truck between the wheel wells. I put them in upside down and fill the space with misc. stands, etc. I use two of the three which is roomy enough for all my gear. I pack a small level and some wood shims for most outdoor gigs. In this pic, we were on a pretty good slope so I brought some pavers with me, as well as the third unit for the guitarist. Still need to put some handles on the ends though.

Also, the bass player is on a plastic produce pallet I found with a rug thrown over it.

Free has always been one of my favorite prices...

Posted Image

Edited by xsabers, 04 August 2011 - 10:56 AM.

40 First Steps

40 First Steps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, Iowa
The best riser I ever had was made with a couple sheets of plywood supported by 3" PVC pipe. I had the PVC fittings attached to the plywood and then I had 2 different sets of PVC pipe cut to 2 different lengths so I could use a higher riser when the club had enough room. It was nice and light to haul around and set up quickly.

SamS

SamS

Forum Guru

• Platinum
  • 1,467 posts
  • LocationUpstate, SC
Yep. That's the one I built. Works like a charm and easy to transport. I just put it in my SUV and load the drums on top. It takes up about 3 inches on the floor. Great plan.

rerod

rerod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIowa City

69Oysterblue asked if I would post my plans for my riser. It's a fun little project. I think I paid about a hundie for the materials. I got it from this web site. I stole the idea and expounded on it. Note, example three where it tells you to hinge the top two plywood pieces, I did not do this. I attached blocks of wood to lock the top pieces in. See pictures.

Here's the plans;
http://homepage.mac....iser-plans.html

Nice work. Not only does it raise the kit. It keeps it off damp basement floors.

TheBeachBoy

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire

• Platinum
  • 5,775 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
That would be nice to have at some of the gigs I play. How long does it take to set up? Looks like once you haul all the pieces in, it would only take a few minutes.

DanRH

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger

• Platinum
  • 15,495 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

That would be nice to have at some of the gigs I play. How long does it take to set up? Looks like once you haul all the pieces in, it would only take a few minutes.

Five minutes.

Archt

Archt

DFO Potentate

• Members
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationCape Cod, MA
Here is mine.

Its made out of 2'x2' tongue and groove osb and 5/4"X8" spruce planks. I sold it to a guy in California. It is supported at only 4 points from the ground so it can be set on crates or blocks for added height.

I am thinking about trying very light aluminum frame design for the next one I make, with a roll out floor similar to a roll up desk idea.

Edited by Archt, 04 August 2011 - 05:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users