- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

jcusack

jcusack

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC
I've had this kit since 1970. It is white pearl. I've used the snare with my other kit and had to replace the cover. A new one can be bought through e-bay for 195.00. I've got all the original hardware and pedals. When I bought this kit is was 3 piece. The seller had bought a white pearl Ludwig floor tom to go with it. I'm including this as well. Everything is in good shape, nothing broken or broken off. I'm selling this kit and a Pearl Export kit and buying something new. Price is $2100.00 for the Gretsch kit. I have pics and drum sizes, I will email them upon request.

Edited by jcusack, 26 May 2012 - 08:40 AM.

W&A Player

W&A Player

Percussionist Maximus

• Members
  • 5,253 posts
  • LocationTexas

I've had this kit since 1970. It is white pearl. I've used the snare with my other kit and had to replace the cover. A new one can be bought through e-bay for 195.00. I've got all the original hardware and pedals. When I bought this kit is was 3 piece. The seller had bought a white pearl Ludwig floor tom to go with it. I'm including this as well. Everything is in good shape, nothing broken or broken off. I'm selling this kit and a Pearl Export kit and buying something new. Price is $2100.00 for the Gretsch kit. I have pics and drum sizes, I will email them upon request.

Welcome to the DFO. Thanks for posting here. Your lack of pictures in your post will not get you much interest in here. Most of us are not drum snobs. But, we do like to see what is being talked about. Replaced the cover? You mean the drum is re-wrapped? Even without pictures of your drums for sale, I can tell you that you are asking at least twice as much as they are worth for an incomplete, modified, and mixed brand drum set.

By the way, I'm also in Texas. Where are you located in our little state?

Edited by W&A Player, 26 May 2012 - 09:57 AM.

jcusack

jcusack

• Members
  • 3 posts

Welcome to the DFO. Thanks for posting here. Your lack of pictures in your post will not get you much interest in here. Most of us are not drum snobs. But, we do like to see what is being talked about. Replaced the cover? You mean the drum is re-wrapped? Even without pictures of your drums for sale, I can tell you that you are asking at least twice as much a they are worth for an incomplete, modified, and mixed brand drum set.

By the way, I'm also in Texas. Where are you located in our little state?

I'm located in Salisbury NC. I can e-mail pics but can't attach them yet cause my 19 year old tech guy isn't home yet.LOL. The snare needs re-wrapped and the set isn't incomplete. The One Nighter Plus is a 3 piece set which I have with all hardware. The person I bought it from added the floor tom to make it a 4 piece kit.

Edited by jcusack, 26 May 2012 - 09:01 AM.

W&A Player

W&A Player

Percussionist Maximus

• Members
  • 5,253 posts
  • LocationTexas
Sorry. I don't know why I thought you were in Texas. We still need to see pictures before giving you better answers. A re-wrapped snare, no matter how well it is done, subtracts hundreds of dollars from the value of the set. If it is one of only three drums in a drum set, that probably cuts the value of the three piece set in half. Incomplete is a matter of opinion of each person. To me, a set without a floor tom is incomplete. Three Gretch drums with a Ludwig floor tom is complete, but unmatched. Good player's drums rarely command big bucks. My first drum set was a Gretsch One Nighter which I always considered to be an incomplete drum set.

Edited by W&A Player, 27 May 2012 - 07:38 AM.

jcusack

jcusack

• Members
  • 3 posts
By definition the One Nighter is a 2 drum kit and the One nighter Plus is a 3 drum kit it is in the vintage Gretsch catalog. You may consider them incomplete, the Gretsch Drum Company says you are wrong. Send me your email and I wil forward the pics.

W&A Player

W&A Player

Percussionist Maximus

• Members
  • 5,253 posts
  • LocationTexas
Thanks for the offer of pictures. but, I know what they are without seeing the pictures. Her'es my One Nighter Plus on the late 1950's. A manufacturer can call their products anything they want to call them vis a vis complete or otherwise. From a player's standpoint, I have always considered a drum set to be incomplete without a floor tom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users